Seeking: Master of multitasking, tech-savvy sorcerer, and creative consultant. You were born to serve customers and can do it all. You love talking to people (on the phone and online), and the idea of helping someone gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.
The Grommet is a premier gift giving destination and as a result, we need to staff up temporarily for the holidays. If you love it here, you may have the opportunity to stay on after the holidays.
- Email and Telephone Customer Support: You'll handle incoming customer inquiries. They reach out to us for a variety of reasons: to check order status, ask about our products, initiate a return, etc. To help them, you'll often need to sleuth the situation (a la Nancy Drew) by using various computer systems. You'll sniff out their needs and show them how The Grommet can make everyone's life just that much better.
- Hours per Week: This is a 40 hour a week position, paid hourly, and requires flexibility in schedule including weekends. We are flexible/accommodating with scheduling and you'll have the opportunity to change schedule over time.
- Holidays: As an e-commerce company, holiday sales are a big deal. We have federal holidays off, but you'll need to work your full schedule every day in November and December including the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Passion for Customer Service and Brilliant Recovery: Our customers love us, but every relationship has its bumps. When a customer hits a rough spot, you should be understanding, empathetic and creative in healing the rift. You must have prior customer service experience and examples where you turned a first-time customer into lifetime one.
- Comfort with Technology: Much of the job is centered on computer work, so you must feel very comfortable with technology. Our systems are extremely sophisticated. You must be able to demonstrate past working experience with complex computer systems of some sort.
- Communication Skills: Strong writing & communication skills are a must. You must feel very comfortable on the telephone, where a good percentage of your work will be done. Inquiry volume can be high so you must remain cool as a cucumber under pressure.
1-3 years in a customer facing environment
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Comfortable engaging with customers over the phone
Ability to work a schedule that may include at least one weekend day
Some of the Good Stuff:
- Work Environment: We're a fun, growing e-commerce company. Our office is a beautifully crafted modern-rustic oasis and you dress the way you feel comfortable -- just a five minute walk from Davis square. You'll love it here. - - - We have free coffee and snacks!
- Fun and Fast-Paced: You must be comfortable with an energetic, fast-paced environment. (We're a startup.) Our team is full of creative, driven people with unique vision and we like working here. We're building a disruptive product launch platform with no direct competitors and we're dedicated to making The Grommet a success.
- Deep Discounts: We offer deep discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. Sometimes, we even have free giveaways! It's perfect for gift giving.
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning - You'll get exposure to Boston's startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to go to out-of-office events, too.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers