We are looking for sales associates for our new store, Art's Specialties. We want to hire enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and energetic people who love good quality food as much as we do and who ultimately can act as ambassadors for our store brand.
• Keep the store neat and attractive.
• Ensure that all products are fresh and appealing, well-stocked, and optimally merchandised.
• Help customers locate products or find suitable alternatives.
• Participate in periodic team meetings.
• Proactive in developing more effective customer service skills.
• Be knowledgeable about each product, ready to assist customers in purchasing cheese, spice, tea, charcuterie, and other specialty items.
• Communicate with managers regarding customer concerns and employee matters.
• Maintain an enthusiastic and upbeat personality.
• Handle sales transactions which include operating cash registers.
• Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
• This list is not exhaustive; there will be other duties and responsibilities as identified and assigned by management.
• Excitement about fine food and willing to constantly learn about specialty foods.
• Effective communication skills, both with customers as well as team members.
• Proactive about selling product.
• Ability to manage time effectively.
• Ability to identify spoiled or poor product.
• Availability and flexibility around scheduling.
Essential Job Functions:
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 lbs. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.