Interviews will be held Wed August 28, 2019 from 10 AM - 3 PM for General Manager onsite at the Halloween City Store - 356 Boylston St. - Boston, MA 02116. Walk-in's Welcome. Click on the link to learn more.
Under the supervision of the Market Manager, the General Manager directs all in store supervisory and associate activity to provide exceptional customer service and achieve/exceed retail sales goals. The General Manager is accountable for leading and engaging a well-trained and motivated staff, as well as adhering to all Halloween City policies and procedures.
• Performs leadership, supervisory and administrative duties
• Drives overall profitability for store focusing on total store sales and expense control
• Continually recruits for outstanding associates; identifies internal associate talent and provides opportunities for development
• Supervises, trains, develops and coaches all associates. Holds associates accountable to all standard operating policies and procedures
• Ensures exceptional customer service is executed by all associates through training for high levels of customer engagement and retention
• Manages and executes overall store standards, including associate zone ownership, setting and maintaining plan-o-grams, and other operational directives
• Partners with Market Manager and Human Resources in a timely manner for all employee performance documentation and associate relations matters
• Reviews all corporate communications and prioritizes/plans accordingly
• Approves weekly associate work schedules and payroll reports. Ensures weekly, monthly and seasonal payroll budgets are managed to plan
• Ensures compliance with corporate Loss Prevention and Human Resources policies and procedures
• Ensures clean and safe environment for associates and customers, including sales floor, back room, manager's office, and restrooms
• Responsible for ensuring the proper execution of all cash handling policies including opening and closing procedures
• Authorizes register functions including post voids, returns, and discounts
• Receives and scans in freight per company policy, supervises receiving process for store ensuring inventory integrity
• Executes corporate marketing initiatives such as final mile marketing, fundraising and business to business programs
• Enforces company energy management/conservation policies
• Holds all associates accountable for their job responsibilities
* This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by Market Manager, as dictated by store needs.
Results Oriented, Energizes Others, Strategic Agility, Develops Others, Champions Change, Willingness to Grow
Helpful, Passionate, Fun, Inclusive, Integrity
• Lift, push, and pull 50 lbs.
• Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
• Climb ladders
• Standing throughout entire shift
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• College experience preferred
• 1 year management experience preferred
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers