favorite this postProven Medtech Startup Exec CEO/Vice President (Boston)hide this posting
available afternoons available mornings education completed: masters
QR Code Link to This Post
If your medtech/ biotech organization seeks proactive, proven and connected leadership in development, partnerships and commercialization, I can bring experience, energy and clinical/market knowledge to move your company forward.
Proactive, entrepreneurial leader with over 20 years of progressive responsibility in building companies founded on innovative technology launch and early stage growth through successful local and global launches, creative strategies, development of strong commercial and operating teams and repeatable operating processes for businesses up to $55M and product/ technology partnerships exceeding $1B. Experience in raising capital for medical device and biotech companies including IPOs, secondaries and spinouts. Achieved multiple industry new technology awards and exclusive state life science funding. P&L experience.
• Major Business Development/ Turnaround - Turned underperforming $8MM product group into independent, respected and profitable $55MM independent operating division of orthopedic implant leader (Zimmer)
• Product/Company Launch – Prepped market and launched disruptive orthopedic implant technology in US/ Europe. Run rate of $10MM in 2 years, built core marketing, direct & distributor sales network with service/ training infrastructure (ConforMIS)
• Driving Liquidity Events - Introduced major innovation in wound/ surgical closure resulting in >20X multiple sale to industry leader (ClozeX/3M), private sale of dental instrumentation company (GSS)
• Turnaround & Strategic Alliance - Revitalized unprofitable, generic OEM spinout IPO into high-profit unit with proprietary lines via new agreements, product development and international expansion including $26.5MM agreement with industry leader (Anika/Zimmer)
• IPO/ Financings – Launched major new surgical technology and raised funding resulting in successful IPO and secondary (Gliatech); assisted in spinout into public company (Anika); secured major life sciences funding (GSS)
• Market Development & Strategic Alliance – Created strong market awareness of new company and technology, steered initial product development and secured major corporate partnerships (Medtronic, Integra) to launch disruptive orthobiologic (rhBMP-2/ InFuse) (Genetics Institute/Wyeth) now “gold standard’ at >$1B sales