favorite this postPaul McCarthy - Clerical Worker (North of Boston)hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
1013 Gazebo Circle ● Reading, MA 01867 ● show contact info
- Strong, productive office administrator.
- Skilled in areas of invoice preparation, purchase orders and processing.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and solve inquiries efficiently.
- Detail-oriented, time management and communication skills; works well independently and within a team.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Laboratory and Office Assistant December 2016 - March 2018
PKC Pharmaceuticals, INC. Woburn, MA
- Utilized Microsoft Excel to organize and plan Requests for Quotations (RFQ).
- Researched websites to identify sellers offering chemical compounds originating from China.
- Compiled relevant search data on Excel spreadsheets for mail merge.
- Merged spreadsheets with Word document then emailed quotation requests.
- Recorded incoming quotes in strict accordance with company protocols.
- Maintained log to keep company personnel appraised of outstanding quotations.
- Forwarded completed bids to president for purchase decision.
- Informed office manager of compounds approved for purchase.
- Sent thank you letters to losing bidders or informed bidders of decision not to purchase.
- Performed a myriad of office functions including data entry, faxing and photocopying.
- Participated in various ad hoc research projects crucial for company decisions.
- Invoiced, packed and shipped products domestically and abroad to over thirty countries.
- Replenished shipping supplies and submitted requests to re-order supplies.
Care Giver September 2014 - April 2016
- Provided personal care to a family member in accordance with the medical plan of care.
- Communicated with the primary care physician regarding patient's needs and changes in condition.
Order Fulfillment Coordinator August 1996 - September 2014
Hachette Book Group Boston, MA
- Served as account liaison managing orders for various clients including Disney, Hyperion and Microsoft.
- Accurately entered and processed purchase orders directly from field sales representatives, international clients and major book wholesalers such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
- Managed educational and instructional material requests from several universities.
- Expedited crucial shipments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Tracked and input high profile orders for key departmental personnel.
- Researched questions, discrepancies and concerns, resolving issues efficiently and professionally.
Merrimack College, North Andover, MA B.S. Business Administration
Middlesex Community College, Bedford, MA A.S. Business Administration
it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers