favorite this postBusiness Consultant (BOSTON AREA)hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
Robert J. Brooks
18 Harriet Ave. #1
Quincy, MA 02171
Well-rounded, versatile business professional with strong analytical, research, and communication skills. I have broad experience in many business domains such as consulting, adjunct teaching, accounting, financial services, and management. Academically, I have a Master's and Bachelor's in Management. Ideally, I'm looking for a permanent or contract role in a corporate accounting/finance setting. However, I am ready and able to service any startups or mature companies with their business needs.
Please note: I am not interested in any commission-based sales jobs nor network marketing related opportunities. Thanks.
Consultant - Self Employed 5/2009-Present
• Meet with clients to analyze problem to determine course of action and plan
• Manage budgets to achieve targets and incentives
• Manage and counsel employees to boost morale and effectiveness
• Services provided: Business Consulting, Accounting, HR, Social Media, Writing/Editing
Adjunct Professor - CSI - Charlestown, MA 9/2016-Present
• Teach Business related classes twice per week and substitute for other classes as needed
• Set learning targets at the beginning of each session and plan lessons accordingly
• Create an intellectually stimulating classroom environment and equip students with practical learning opportunities
• Supervise classroom work, group projects, tests/quizzes, and lab assignments
Associate -- State Street -- Quincy, MA 2007 -- 2009
Administered to fund groups for currency exchange trades (data entry, time deposits, research, spreadsheets).
Worked with software programs (Crystal Reports - Global Plus) for trade processing.
Performed daily close in order to execute hundreds of trades on a daily basis.
Enforced security procedures for clients through the supervision of shifts (up to ten guards).
Took field notes, filled out reports, monitored CCTV, and oversaw access control.
Also assisted with payroll, scheduling, personnel decisions, and client relations.
Assistant Manager -- Walgreens - Revere, MA 2002 - 2004
Assisted store manager to maintain and improve store profitability by running store operations. Responsible for staff of up to ten people per shift.
Performed duties such as training, merchandising, inventory control, hiring, scheduling, payroll and cash handling.
Helped customers with refunds, exchanges, and other inquiries.
Consistently maintained or exceeded sales quotas.
Bridgewater State University Bridgewater, MA 2013
Master of Science earned in Management. Concentration in Organizational Development.
University of Massachusetts Boston, MA 2008
Bachelor of Science earned in Management.
it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers