favorite this postAdministrative Assistant/Receptionist (PT or Temporary) (Cambridge)hide this posting
QR Code Link to This Post
Education: University of New Haven, BA: Communication, January 2007
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Cambridge, Massachusetts 08/14 - 11/14
Administrative Assistant (Temporary Hire)
• Greet, welcome and direct students and visitors to their destinations.
• Executes general administration duties.
• Generated new time sheet document.
• Advises proper department of any mechanical or janitorial matters.
• Comply student works-study hire forms, weekly timesheets and delivers them to the Finance Department.
• Prepares daily cash drawer for the Circulation Desk.
• Maintains a $500 petty cash drawer.
• Requisitions supplies for a staff of 14.
• Pays all bills through an online system and delivered necessary paperwork.
• Distribute mail daily.
• Organize and coordinates office meeting calendars.
TOURO COLLEGE, Brooklyn, New York 11/09 - 10/11
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
• Greet and welcome students and visitor.
• Draft variety of letter, e-mails, and other correspondence for Site Director and other employees.
• Responded to general questions regarding the college, courses, and locations.
• Answered and transferred calls to appropriate parties within the administration offices.
• Inputted three sites course schedule into a Touro specific database.
• Performed general office duties such as faxing, xeroxing, mail distribution, and typing.
• Ordered all office supplies based on predetermined budget.
• Created and implemented a filing system.
• Managed and delegated assignments for five work study students.
• Submitted requisitions to have any office machinery fixed.
• Made student or employee ID's.
• Assisted with the coordination and actual graduation ceremony for the spring Class of 2011.
THE NEW TEACHER PROJECT (NYC Dept. of Ed.), Brooklyn, New York 10/07 - 08/08
Communication Specialist/Office Manager
• Maintain all daily functions of the front office and Communication Assistants.
• Respond to a variety of program related escalated calls, emails via Outlook, and walk-ins.
• Preserve our customer service rating of 85% three times a year.
• Worked closely with the Operations Team for documentation receipt and processing.
• Improved and updated content on the Fellowship website, Fellows personal accounts site, general program practices, and functions within the office.
• Send weekly mail merges to all Fellows throughout New York City.
• Manage three part-time Communication Assistants:
• Point-person for Communication Assistants with program questions, issues, or concerns.
• Sending daily updates and program information to Communication Assistants.
• Coordinate schedules to ensure coverage at all times.
• Inspecting all messaging and calls for accuracy and high customer service.
• Proofing and submitting all Communication Assistants timesheets.
• Harvard. Com (HCOM) and Event Registration System. (Only used at Harvard University.)
• MS Office
• Company Specific Databases & Systems
• Internet Savvy (Web Search & Social Media)
it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers