compensation: $20/hour starting (after 90 day trial period, this will automatically increase to $22/hour and can begin to include health benefits) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Real Estate Leasing Assistant (entry level) (Davis Sq, Somerville)
We are a growing, family-based, real estate development company in Somerville. We manage 150+ apartments we own, in addition to redeveloping and constructing new units which we both sell and rent.
We are seeking a driven, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and focused individual to help us to rent our available apartments throughout the year, and to manage the leasing process as well as sublets, renewals, etc. The spring and summer are the busiest seasons for this work, so flexible evening/weekend availability is particularly needed during these seasons.
Hours: M-F 12p-8p (full-time), scheduling somewhat flexible based on showings, weekend work as needed
Location: Our home office, close to Davis Square in Somerville
Start Date: ASAP/flexible, by 1/1/19 at latest
Compensation: $20/hour starting (after 90 day trial period, this will automatically increase to $22/hour and can begin to include health benefits)
* Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
* Use of your own vehicle
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to easily learn new software systems (e.g. Docusign/Dotloop for lease signings)
* Key Characteristics: driven (and eager to learn), self-motivated (like to get stuff done), focused (including attention to detail), flexible (open to various types of work), trustworthy, organized, tech-savvy
* Interest in long-term position -- we are seeking a candidate to start in an entry-level role, and to grow with us
* Previous work in real estate is helpful, though not essential
* Previous sales experience is preferred, doesn't need to be in the real estate field
* Ideally live near Davis Square
We will train you on all tasks. The work is often varied, but will primarily include:
* Rental of our available apartments, including updating and photographing listings, posting listings online, making appointments, showing apartments, persuading prospective tenants to rent with us
* Managing the leasing process, including collecting forms, screening applicants, tracking deposits, and processing/scanning paperwork
* Coordinating sublets and roommate changes when those arise throughout the year, including collecting forms, screening applicants, and tracking payments
* Conducting annual lease renewal conversations with all tenants, with heavy guidance from the company owners, including negotiation of rent increases, and processing of paperwork
* Other work as needed, including office management and administrative work
To Apply: Please be sure to read this posting thoroughly. If interested, please email your cover letter and resume with the subject line "Leasing Assistant Application". We welcome diverse candidates. Thank you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers