Galatea Associates is a stimulating, collaborative, and fun place to work. Headquartered in Davis Square, Somerville, and with branch offices in Tampa, Durham, and London, Galatea is a software consulting firm specializing in solutions for the world's largest financial institutions. The company is currently seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant to work in our Somerville office for 10 - 15 hours per week. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated learner with the ability to multi-task in a challenging, rapidly growing organization.
Job Responsibilities: Provide administrative support for office operations, including preparing monthly expense reports related to employee purchases and travel, reconciling credit card statements, performing bookkeeping tasks related to a/r and a/p transactions, preparing month end reports, and performing general bookkeeping and clerical duties incidental to tasks. In charge of assets inventory tracking, ordering office items, gathering quotes for office improvements, and preparing work stations.
Skills and Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree or at least 3 years doing equivalent administrative/bookkeeping work experience is required
• Experience working with GSuite (Google docs & sheets) and Microsoft applications including: Excel, Word, and Power Point
* must demonstrate competence and familiarity with Excel
• Familiarity with Quickbooks
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent detail-oriented organizational skills with solid follow-up skills
• Ability to maintain Confidentiality
• Strong initiative and ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
• Exhibit and uphold a professional demeanor at all times
Hours / Salary: This is a part time, hourly position with a competitive hourly rate up to $25, depending upon experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers