The Maintenance Associate is responsible for facility and grounds maintenance and repair at the headquarters of this large human services agency. Duties include routine testing of building and safety systems, performing general handyman duties, workspace and conference room set-up, and help-desk response. The position requires a flexible individual able to manage multiple projects and make sound judgment based on considerations of safety, operational priorities and customer satisfaction. The Maintenance Associate must have strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. This is a part time position: Monday through Friday from 7am-12pm.
• 2-5 years relevant work experience required
• Must possess basic knowledge of building repair, including how to recognize issues with plumbing, electrical, painting and light carpentry; must be skilled at completing minor facility/handyman repairs
• Must be physically capable of lifting boxes, moving furniture and equipment, etc.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision; must be able to work well both independently and with others
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing procedures, systems and priorities
• Must possess current driver's license and excellent driving record
Jewish Family & Children's Service cares for individuals and families by providing exceptional human service and health care programs, guided by Jewish traditions of social responsibility, compassion, and respect for all members of the community.
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS has gone tobacco free at our Waltham campus.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers