Under general supervision of the owner and/or the Event Operations Manager, the individual is expected to carry out equipment/warehouse management of moderate complexity, requiring professional training and expertise with equipment maintenance.
• Maintain a high level of personal compliance to required standards.
• Maintain neat and organized atmosphere in the warehouse - everything where it belongs.
• Assist Operations Manager with developing hardware and procedural improvements.
• Constantly update inventory management software to ensure stock counts reflect reality.
• Take pride in and ownership of precisely executing a high volume of tasks in a timely manner.
• Be available to receive incoming and outgoing equipment shipments.
• Execute--with exacting precision and certainty--packing for events based on checklists.
• Count different types of equipment and double-check counts repeatedly for accuracy.
• Adhere to proper documentation process using checklists and inventory management software.
• Inspect equipment prior to being packed for events and after returning from events.
• Clearly label and physically distinguish separate packs in the warehouse.
• Systematically eliminate possibilities of confusion with event packs.
• Always verify that equipment being packed is fully operational.
• Create equipment case diagrams/layouts for the ePosterBoards and rental trucks.
• Upon return of equipment cases, make sure that all equipment has been checked and placed into their proper areas based on maintenance needs.
• Constantly give feedback on processes and potential improvements - serve as subject matter expert for equipment handling procedures documents.
• Clearly distinguish, separate, document, and communicate any equipment that needs maintenance before it can be used in the field.
• Maintain the hardware maintenance checklist and verify that all repairs have been completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Execute the monthly ongoing routine maintenance schedule.
• Communicate inventory attrition numbers and purchasing requirements to management.
• Ensure that full inventory audits are completed on at least a quarterly basis.
• Keep thorough, accurate records of equipment damage and repairs.
• Regularly inform fellow staff of trends in equipment damage and how specifically/procedurally to best handle different types of equipment to prevent damage.
• Develop and update equipment repair tutorials for each equipment type
• For new equipment: unbox, create asset tags, input into inventory system, test functionality and configure settings.
• Assist with the disposal of broken and/or outdated equipment.
• Assist with onboarding and coaching new maintenance technicians, leading training sessions.
• Constantly reinforce skills of maintenance technicians and setup/breakdown crew, lead vocally and by example.
• Be assertive and authoritative with crew and warehouse staff while maintaining a positive and friendly work environment for a broad range of personalities.
• Always personally follow established processes, teach established process to others and correct any instances of employees not following established processes.
• Oversee the completion of daily assignments and document/verify completion of work.
EVENT SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES: (25%)
• Actively participate, via leading-by-example, in the event setup and breakdown; and remain on-site during each venue to provide technical support and troubleshoot any technical issues.
• Assist the eposter presenters to successfully upload their poster presentations onto the ePosterBoards units.
• Both beforehand and/or on-site, be available to assist eposter presenters with creating their electronic posters, including optimizing the format, generation of multiple pages, and embedding transitions, animations, videos, etc.
• Provide IT support before, during and after ePosterBoards events to facilitate the eposter presentation experience for the meeting organizers, presenters and attendees.
• Troubleshooting: realizing and solving typical/common malfunctions and or issues with the network, computers/tablets, and TVs. Furthermore, demonstrate the ability to teach others how one would go about solving these issues.
• As needed, oversee the equipment transfer, truck unload and equipment setup and/or breakdown on-site at the venue for the onsite manager.
*Note: Some of the job responsibilities described above will potentially change during the course of employment based on the growth and development of our business.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB RELATED REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelors or related trade school degree with relevant inventory management/ technology/equipment maintenance/event management experience for at least 3-4 years.
• Competence with Mac and PC computers, and proficient with Microsoft office.
• At least 2 years of experience with temporary staff management
• Must be able to pass a DOT medical exam (must be in possession of, or able to obtain DOT Medical Card for driving medium-duty truck - commercial driver's license/CDL not necessary)
• Be able to assist with the equipment transportation and setup, including the possession of a valid Massachusetts driver's license and willingness to drive a medium size box truck (class b vehicle)
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and early mornings when necessary.
• Ability to lift 40-50 lbs without hurting oneself.
• Have a high level of organization skills and follow-through
• Are cerebral, self-perpetuating and self-motivating
• Ability to travel to venues outside of the greater Boston area, including other parts of the NE region, the U.S.A and internationally.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers