Job ID: 84359
QR Code Link to This Post
Our prominent healthcare client in Cambridge, MA is looking for a Front Desk Assistant to join their team. In this contract role, you will greet patients, redirect them to various departments, and represent the hospital in a positive manner. If you have a high school diploma, or equivalent, and one year of experience in a hospital patient registration setting, apply today!
Responsibilities for the Front Desk Assistant:
- Greet patients and visitors
- Act in a manner that fosters exceptional interpersonal relations and represents the hospital and the department in a positive manner at all times
- Redirect patients to other department as appropriate. Provides clear directions and assistance with wheelchairs, etc., as needed
- Record patient’s name, department of service, arrival time, chief complaint, and directs patient to the waiting area
Requirements for the Front Desk Assistant:
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- One year of experience in a hospital patient registration setting
- Third-party billing experience preferred
- Technology savvy with a strong knowledge working with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Contract Employee Benefits:
- Health and Dental
Contract employees are eligible for subsidized health and dental insurance coverage upon completion of 120 hours on assignment within four (4) consecutive weeks working a minimum of thirty (30) hours per week.
- Paid Sick Leave
Contract employees who are employed to work in the Commonwealth of MA may accrue and use up to forty (40) hours of paid sick leave per calendar year in increments of no less than one (1) hour.
- 401(k) Plan
Regularly recruited contract employees, who are U.S. citizens aged twenty-one (21) or older, are eligible to contribute to KNF&T’s retirement savings plan with Fidelity Investments.
- Short Term Disability
Contract employees are eligible for subsidized short term disability, covering up to 12 weeks of a disability including maternity leave.
- Free Training
KNF&T uses a state of the art e-Learning software training system. We encourage all our contractors to take advantage of this training, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To apply or to hear about similar positions, please email Irene at firstname.lastname@example.org