We are looking for a stellar candidate for the full time role of Executive Assistant that will have the responsibility of assisting our CEO and executive team and keeping the office running smoothly day to day. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in handling a wide range of administrative tasks related to an executive with the ability to handle the pace of a rapidly growing biotechnology company. This individual will be exceedingly well organized, pro-active, and will enjoy the challenges of supporting executives in a growing company focused on patient impact.
QR Code Link to This Post
Day-to-Day Accountabilities and Opportunities
• Extensive calendar management, anticipating needs and proactively and effectively managing time accordingly.
• Communicate with senior leadership, board of directors, clinical advisory board members and external partners.
• Provide administrative support to the executive team; e.g. travel (domestic and international), expense reporting, meeting arrangements (internal and external).
• Provide additional support as needed for larger department including travel coordination for business trips, scheduling ad-hoc meetings, coordinating seminar guests.
• Compose, proofread, and edit presentations and proposals for senior management and leadership meetings
• Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Manage updates to the company website and LinkedIn pages.
• Coordinate on-boarding for new hires including first day orientation and setting up new employee files.
• Manage company credit card statements. Prepare and complete expense reports. Organize accounts payable invoices and enter data into purchasing/finance systems.
• Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs and evaluation of new equipment and techniques.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8+ years' experience with a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks with previous experience assisting a CEO
• Start-up biotech experience preferred
• Displays the highest degree of integrity and maturity, ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to work on a variety of projects at the same time, which requires outstanding organizational skills, flexibility, follow through, problem solving and the ability to prioritize.
• Must be a self-starter, anticipate needs, and work with limited supervision.
• Must be able to resolve issues by seeking the appropriate resources when needed.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality, and a strong commitment to quality.
• Outstanding computer skills, including an advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Patient, pleasant, and professional customer service style with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Someone who enjoys a transparent, respectful and innovative environment.