Provide secretarial and administrative support to members of the US Law department at John Hancock.
· Print and assemble highly confidential information, including for use in reports and meetings. Compose letters, memoranda and other documents and handle routine correspondence as directed.
· Schedule appointments and meetings for department personnel. Screen mail and telephone calls, direct requests to the appropriate person and follow-up on replies.
· Make travel arrangements for department staff and process related expense reports. Arrange function room, menus and travel for large and small meetings in accordance with Company travel and expense policies.
· Utilize the company's e-billing system to manage external legal spend. Establish and close matters, update company and firm participants, cost center, etc. Respond to inquiries from both internal staff and external vendors on status of invoices.
· Ensure invoices are in good order for receipt by AP: appropriate amount, payee, matter and service description.
· Trouble shoot problems with printers, copy machines, fax machines, phones, etc. Initiate and manage the appropriate service and/or purchase requests.
· Train and assist department personnel in the utilization of specialized applications, databases and administrative systems including e-billing, expense, workforce and content management systems.
· Maintain department's records ensuring records are classified and categorized appropriately and retention schedules are up-to-date.
· Performs other duties for department such as: on board/off boarding of staff, consultant/intern time tracking, updating phone listings, shared folder update, maintaining office supplies and invoice and purchasing activity.
· Handle other duties and responsibilities as assigned by attorneys and paralegals and ensure the accurate and timely completion of tasks. Projects assigned may include research, correspondence, presentation preparation or other work of the department.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree preferred, or high school diploma and advanced secretarial school certificate
· Three to five years' experience as an administrative assistant.
· Extremely professional, responsive and detail oriented
· Punctual and dependable
· Strong organizational, verbal and written communication, design and presentation skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Proficiency in Office 365 applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Yammer, Groups, Outlook as well as Adobe Acrobat Professional and Workshare Compare
· Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and the ability to handle confidential information
· Ability to interact with all levels of management and work with top management in a support capacity
· Knowledge of e-billing and content management systems is helpful
· Ability to work overtime as necessary
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers