GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Clinical Case Manager will be responsible for providing the residents with individual, group, and family therapy for Lynn Academy programs. Clinicians oversee all aspects of the treatment envelope and provide clinical support to all program staff. Clinicians are viewed as an integral part of the treatment/administrative team at Lynn Academy. Clinicians interpret/operationalize the practical application of a Trauma Informed theoretical treatment framework into practice in the milieu. The full time Clinical Case Manager carries a case load of up to eight residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS*
• Meet all requirements of Rehab Options per the Group Home contract ** see rehab options expectations and time lines.
• Complete biopsychosocial assessments on all new clients within 30 days of intake; update assessments when indicated and at least annually.
• Design and update individualized treatment plans based on an ongoing assessment of needs at 72 hours, 30 days, 90 days and every 90 days thereafter.
• Ensure program implementations of treatment plans, review treatment plans regularly to ensure residents are on track.
• Seek residents out and develop treatment plans if residents are resistant to meetings.
• Complete CANS Assessments within 30 days of intake and upon discharge
• Complete Discharge Plans within 2 weeks of discharge.
• Develop and update residents' safety plans within 48 hours of intake, update review every 30 days and as needed based on behaviors.
• Meet with residents at least weekly toward implementation of treatment plan interventions; complete progress notes detailing results of interventions within 3 business days.
• Provide group and family therapy consistent with each residents' treatment plan
• Conduct home visits to support with families and resident visits.
• Maintain weekly contact with families, unless restricted for safety.
• Assist with the development and delivery of staff training toward the implementation of a solid, clinical treatment program, create and conduct training for monthly all staff meetings.
• Attend all program staff meetings to discuss residents and support staff, make necessary referrals for wrap around support.
• Establish a leadership role by having a presence in the milieu and role model clinical interventions with milieu staff; work with milieu staff in the delivery of crisis intervention services as needed, spend at least 1 hour weekly on the floor training in the moment.
• Provide formal and informal clinical supervision for program staff as needed.
• Collaborate with DCF, Family Networks, school personnel, other collaterals, and community resources on a weekly basis to discuss progress/concerns.
• Chair Treatment Team meetings at 30 days, then at least quarterly and if a youth is not making sufficient progress, schedule and run emergency team meetings as needed and meet with Program Director weekly.
• Work closely with the Program Director to assist with clinical matters in the milieu
• Participate in Youth Service's Leadership Team as indicated, as well as Critical Case Review Team.
• Complete all required documentation in a professional, timely manner
• Participate in clinical on-call rotation
• Consistently meet professional license requirements
• On occasion, share direct care coverage with administrative staff, when requested for support.
• Ability to work with youth or youth and families in a changing setting which may include transitional care and aftercare outreach.
• Read, understand and implement expectations of resident handbook.
• Read understand and implement expectations in youth services policies and procedures.
• Required to use personal vehicle, when Centerboard vehicle is not available in order to meet aftercare outreach or appointment requirement
• Obtain required training for Agency and job position, in addition to any other training mandated by Centerboard, including multi culturally awareness orientation.
• Complete other tasks or job assignments as required.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Masters degree in a related field; License to practice as a clinician (LICSW, LCSW or LMHC) or working towards obtaining licensure. Required to pass initial competency evaluation as well as continued assessments of professional development and future trainings.
Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to drive 12-16 passenger vans, access to and use of a personal vehicle may also be required.
Required to pass initial competency evaluation as well as continued assessments of professional development and future trainings.
PREPARATION, SKILLS & TRAININGS REQUIRED
Required trainings include CPR/First Aid, Dynamics of a Crisis including Behavior Management Training and physical intervention, Medication Administration, Orientation training, HIPAA, OSHA, Ethics and Boundaries, Trauma Informed Care/BMT and any other related trainings offered by Centerboard, Inc.
Required skills include the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate effectively/professionally, flexibility in a changing environment and strong organizational skills.
All employees are required to attend refresher training to maintain certification compliance and to exemplify competency of skills for each of the trainings.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through our website online application process by using the link below. Centerboard offers competitive salary, great benefits, flexible schedules and a fun working environment.