compensation: $14+ per hour; Paid Time Off; Health Insurance employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Vinfen Direct Care Hiring Event - This Wednesday - Hiring for our Group Homes
We will be holding a job fair for our Metro Boston Direct Care positions! We are a growing organization and are always on the lookout for great new staff members to fill positions in our program houses. The job openings we are promoting and interviewing for are for Residential Direct Care Staff members in the Greater Boston Metro Area (Including medical staff such as CNA's). We have positions in every corner of the city:
• Brighton, Brookline, Waltham, JP, Watertown,
• Wilmington, Billerica and in Haverhill,
• North Shore: Salem, Beverly, Peabody and Danvers,
• Braintree, Dedham, East Bridgewater,
• Dorchester, Hyde Park, Roslindale, and West Roxbury!
The Career Fair will be from 1 pm - 3 pm on Wednesday, March 27 at our office at 1001 Watertown Street, Newton MA. Stop by for an on-the-spot interview! We will have managers standing by to meet with applicants as they finish their applications. Please bring a copy of your most recently updated resume for the interview!
REMINDER: All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US driver's license for at least one year.
Vinfen is a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with 3,100 employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
We are seeking compassionate and caring staff to provide services to individuals living with developmental disabilities. We are hiring for full time, part time, and per diem direct care positions, for the following roles:
Awake Overnight Counselors:Responsible for overnight program activities in a community living arrangement for adults with developmental disabilities. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring client's needs are met throughout the night and light housekeeping. In addition, the staff will ensure clients are ready for the day's activities in the morning. Provide individual and group support to persons served; teach skills to enhance independence and quality of life. Ensure a safe, secure and clean residential environment.
• Residential Counselors:Residential program staff provide direct support around medication administration and management as well as meal preparation and activities of daily living. The goal for many clients living in group home settings is to be able to live as independently as possible and Residential Counselors assist clients in building the skills needed to do so. Additional responsibilities include writing progress notes, periodic reviews on treatment plans for persons served and implementing interventions outlined in treatment plans
• Certified Nursing Assistants:Under the direction of the nurse leader, CNA's work with clients to help them evaluate their current life circumstances compared to their hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Residential program staff provide direct support around medication administration and management as well as meal preparation and activities of daily living such as bathing, showering, feeding, toileting and grooming for the residents of a group home. Assess individual's medical condition and take vital signs. Report any changes to the nurse leader. Must have good verbal and written skills. Additional duties include writing progress notes and following guidelines outlined in individual treatment plans.
• Licensed Practical Nurses:Our Practical Nurses have active LPN licenses in the state of Massachusetts, have 3-5 years of experience in a related setting working with disabilities; must provide medical care and oversight of a small group of individuals living in a medically-intense group home; duties including assisting CNA staff on duty. Also assists with ADL's, activities, cooking and cleaning responsibilities, as well as outings in the community. Preference will be given to bilingual/bi-cultural applicants.
A High School diploma/GED required, but a bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field preferred. All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US driver's license for at least one year. You also must be able to successfully pass a CORI check and a driving record check. All applicants must be able to become CPR and First Aid certified within two weeks of being hired, Safety Care certified within 90 days, and MAP certified within 150 days.
Can't make the Job Fair this month?</big Check out our careers page for info on current job opportunities, and even apply for a position at our company by following the instructions to submit an application and resume! Vinfen's Careers page
Vinfen serves a diverse population in its residential and day programs. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or are bilingual are encouraged to apply.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer Paid training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
We offer a generous benefits package including:
• A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
• Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
• Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
• Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
• Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
• $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
• Other generous benefits and perks!
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Keep In Touch!
To learn more about Vinfen, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org. Recruiters, please no calls. EOE
Like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with our open positions and current events!
Poster ID: DSR
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers