Located in downtown Boston, Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the city's premier organization dedicated to transforming the lives of runaway, homeless and high risk youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships and effective and innovative services that guide them toward self-sufficiency and fulfilling, meaningful futures. After more than 40 years, it remains a national model and program incubator for youth development services which are effective in helping the most troubled and vulnerable homeless youth to turn their lives around. If you care about making a difference in the lives of young people, we are interested in hearing from you! To learn more about us, visit www.bridgeotw.org.
The Transitional Day Program (TDP) Counselor is responsible for the practical functioning of the TDP on a daily basis. This position will focus on the survival aid, assessment, referral, and placement for the 'hard to reach' street youth that we serve.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Respond to drop-in clients including: breakfast, lunch, showers, laundry, computer games, field trips, outings, and physical exercise
• Provide regular skills-building activities and prevention workshops
• Provide educational and job development referral
• Assist homeless youth in obtaining permanent housing
• Provide advocacy services
• Serve as liaison/advocate between the program and the community including surrounding neighbors to build partnerships
• Ensure that all activities, services and programs through Bridge are conducted in a manner that is sensitive to and shows respect for the cultural and ethnic diversity for all Bridge clients
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS Degree required or related degree
• One year experience with young adults
• Previous experience in the following areas: housing search/placement, job development, community relations and recreational counseling
• Continuous clean driver's record and valid driver's license
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We provide competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Employer paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal and Birthday Time
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers