compensation: Pay range between $14.42-$19.83 per hour, depending upon education, language capacity, and experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Direct Care Counselor – Community Intervention & Education Program
RESPOND, Inc., a pioneer in the movement to end domestic violence, is New England’s first domestic violence agency and the second oldest in the nation. Since its inception in 1974, RESPOND has provided safety and support to victims of domestic violence including adults, teens, and children. RESPOND provides a 24-hour crisis hotline, individual counseling, accompaniment, support groups, children services, and emergency shelter.
More information about RESPOND, Inc. can be found at www.respondinc.org.
Pay range between $14.42-$19.83 per hour, depending upon education, language capacity, and experience.
• 80% employer-paid health and dental insurance package
• Annual meeting with insurance consultant
• Generous accrued vacation, sick, and personal time
• 25-hr Domestic Violence Counselor Training and other professional development opportunities
The Direct Care Counselor provides general oversight of the milieu and Community Services Center facility, responds to hotline crisis and administrative calls, provides emotional support to survivors of domestic violence, and performs administrative duties at the RESPOND, Inc. Community Services Center. The Direct Care Counselor protects and affirms the rights of individuals while helping them achieve safety and independence by creating an environment responsive to their needs.
• Promotes the development of a positive and supportive community at the Community Services Center (CSC) by supporting individuals, interacting with children, and creating opportunities for group activities.
• Protects the confidentiality of clients and the agency.
• Answers RESPOND’s 24-hour hotline and main office phone to provide emotional support, excellent customer service, referrals, and resources. Callers may include individuals in crisis, community partners, and donors.
• Greets donors, clients, and other guests to the CSC warmly and professionally.
• Provides structure, models appropriate boundaries and limit setting, and assists families and individuals that come to the CSC.
• Engages with children and provides childcare for during individual client meetings and support groups.
• Maintains the security, safety, and cleanliness of the CSC during shift.
• Maintains an up-to-date calendar of meetings and events in the CSC and ensures rooms are not double-booked.
• Performs administrative tasks, including but not limited to restocking office supplies, shredding documents, organizing client files, entering data, and retrieving and sorting mail.
• Works collaboratively with the other counselors, volunteers, and interns to contribute positively to the team.
• Actively participates in weekly supervision and staff meetings.
• Other responsibilities include conducting intakes for RESPOND’s programs, working with community partners to provide comprehensive support for clients, and performing other administrative tasks as needed.
• Diploma from high school or GED required.
• Background in childcare or early childhood education required.
• Direct experience providing services to families in a human services setting preferred.
• Strong English language communication, writing and reading skills are required.
• Fluency in a second language (especially Spanish, Haitian Creole, and Portuguese) strongly preferred but not required.
• Ability to work with a diverse population and build rapport with clients regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, economic background, etc.
• Basic computer knowledge required.
• Must have or be willing to obtain the 25-hr Domestic Violence Counselor Certification.
Strong candidates will value timeliness, be able to prioritize responsibilities, be able to maintain a calm demeanor in high stress situations, and have a willingness to learn.
HOW TO APPLY
Resume and a letter of interest should be sent to Eliza@respondinc.org. http://respondinc.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers