compensation: Pay rate for this position is $20.00 and mileage reimbursed is $.53.5 per mile employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Researchers from the Harvard Graduate School of Education (Catherine Snow and Nonie Lesaux, Co-Investigators) are conducting a research investigation in partnership with MDRC, the University of Michigan, and the Boston Public Schools. Entitled “ExCEL” (Expanding Children’s Early Learning), the project is designed to identify policies, classroom-level factors, and school experiences that are associated with children's school success during preschool and early elementary school grades. This project is funded by the Institute of Education Sciences.
The research team is seeking Research Assistants for 20-30 hours per week temporary position conducting recruitment and data collection in partner schools across the Boston Public Schools district.
The research assistant responsibilities include:
• Conducting classroom observations (travel to Boston Schools required)
• Assisting in the collection of teacher and family questionnaires (phone banking, strategizing with teachers, and follow up during school drop off/pick up)
• Promoting relationship between project, teachers, and other stakeholders
• Communicating with HGSE-based project staff on a regular basis to report progress and resolve any problems or issues
• Attend weekly meetings with MDRC to communicate progress to research partners
• Carrying out clerical tasks related to data collection
• Experience working directly with educators and children in schools
• Access to reliable transportation to reach assigned sites, either through personal vehicle or public transportation
• Pass certification requirements set forth by the project managers
• Be available to work an average of 20-30 hours per week from early January through late March
• Flexibility to work some evenings and early mornings as needed
• Complete CORI background check required by BPS to work in schools
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Motivated, detail-oriented self-starter
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• BA preferred
• Some knowledge and experience in child development and education
• Grasp of the complexities of working in school settings
• Some experience with research projects that involve student and/or classroom assessments preferred
• Spanish proficiency is a plus
Field staff are required to attend training to be held on January 15th, 2020 at Harvard Graduate School of Education in Cambridge. Full attendance at training is mandatory. Trainees must successfully complete training and subsequent certification to continue employment on the project.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter (please note [Your Last Name] ExCEL Research Assistant Team in e-mail subject line).
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers