favorite this postResidential Counselor - $500 Sign-On Bonus (Newton)hide this posting
compensation: $14/hr + $500 Sign-On Bonus After 90 Days + Generous Benefits Package employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you like making a difference in the lives of others?
Would you like to help people in your community live their best life?
Do you want a rewarding career working with people with developmental disabilities and autism?
Do you want to be part of a growing and dynamic team?
The Residential Counselor position in our community based residences support individuals with developmental disabilities to be as independent as possible in their own homes. The Price Center operates 5 group homes in Newton and Brookline that serve individuals with a range of abilities and needs. All homes are structured with a small staff/participant ratio that allows for an individualized approach focused on maximizing independence and living their best lives in their home community. Activities may include assistance with personal care, preparing meals, attending recreational activities, exploring the community and general companionship.
We are seeking:
The position provides direct care to residents focusing on daily living skills such as budgeting, personal and home maintenance, and recreation activities.
• A compassionate, personable, energetic and responsible person to work in our growing residential division.
• A candidate with a strong desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or autism.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
• BA/AA degree preferred; however minimum of high school degree and two years related experience in a care giving or educational environment; hospital, school, day program, etc. may be substituted.
• Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use agency vehicle in the course of employment.
Hours & Salary:
• Full-Time and Part Time hours are available. Hours include evening, overnight and/or weekends.
• $14 per hour
Our comprehensive and generous benefit package includes:
- Competitive health insurance - NO DEDUCTIBLE
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069.
CNA, personal care assistant, certified nursing assistant, home health aide, PCA, HHA, Day Habilitation, evening, second shift, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, case worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers