favorite this postResidential Counselor (PT & FT) (Newton, MA)hide this posting
compensation: $14.00 per hour employment type: employee's choice non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to support and enhance the lives of individuals by encouraging personal growth and active participation in the community, and respecting individual preferences and diversity. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
The position provides direct care to residents focusing on daily living skills such as budgeting, personal and home maintenance, and recreation activities. The Price Center boasts excellent fringe benefits, a real team environment and low staff turnover!
- Provide direct care for adults with developmental disabilities focusing on daily living skills.
- Responsible for the daily tasks of maintaining a residence and the health and safety of all individuals.
- Actively maintain records/progress notes and implement training goals for residents.
- Help individuals develop social skills and access to the community focusing on teaching and empowering residents to maximize their capabilities.
- Maintain close contact with family members and applicable agencies.
- Work with other case managers to assure complete compliance with all regulations.
- Current CPR, First Aid and MAP certifications preferred or the ability to become certified upon hire.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities - understanding their lives, support system and health needs.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment.
- Ability to lift and support the body weight of any program individual with the assistance of another staff member.
- 40 hrs per week (Tues 4p-11p, Wed 5p-11p, Th 4p-10p, Fri 2p-10p, Sat 9a-10p)
- 36 hrs per week (Sun 9a-11p, Mon 2p-9p, Tues 3p-11p, Wed 3p-11p)
- 32 hrs per week (Sun 10a-7p, M 2p-11p Sat 10a-11p)
- 27 hrs per week (Sun 8a-2p, M 3p-10p, T 3p-10p, F 3p-10p)
- 11 hrs per week (Sun 9a-8p)
Our comprehensive and generous benefit package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
evening, second shift, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, case worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers