compensation: Commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
TITLE: Production Coordinator for Education Services
TYPE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
Who we are: A non-profit braille publisher and producer since 1927, National Braille Press creates programs and materials to support braille literacy and empower the blind and visually impaired communities.
Overview: The Production Coordinator for Education Services is involved in all aspects of educational production services at National Braille Press, primarily the creation of standardized tests and textbooks in braille. Working closely with the production team, the Production Coordinator for Education implements systems to maintain, expand, and improve the delivery of high-quality educational materials in braille.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Function as the primary recipient and coordinator of files for each work order, from external and internal entities. Prepare any additional materials required by departments on the production floor.
• Adhere to a dynamic production schedule and troubleshooting problems that may adversely affect the timeliness of order fulfillment.
• Review, implement and adjust the production schedule as necessary.
• Communicate with all subdivisions of production department to ensure quality control procedures and expectations are met.
Database Maintenance and Data Entry:
• Review incoming sales orders and adjust as required by the scope of the work.
• Review specifications, operations, and materials to release to production, ensuring that information is clear, concise, and consistent.
• Complete production-related data entry and complete final closing of work in our database.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Communication and Prioritization: This job demands strong time management skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and the ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines.
Project Management: The coordinator must pay strong attention to detail and be a tactful negotiator, well-organized, flexible, calm under pressure and good at delegating work.
Travel: Airline travel (1-2 times per year) is required.
Bachelor's Degree required. Work experience in a similar role in production work flow or project management is required.
Please send a cover letter detailing how your previous work experience supports this role.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers