compensation: $16-18/hour DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Part-Time Match Support Specialist, Spanish-Speaking
Do you believe in the power of transformative relationships for girls? Are you ready to impact the Greater Boston community one girl at a time? If you answered yes, and the idea of being part of a collaborative, performance-driven, focused team excites you then join us! At Big Sister Association of Greater Boston we have been helping girls reach their full potential through positive mentoring relationships with women since 1951. We are the largest mentoring organization in Greater Boston exclusively serving girls.
We are committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. If you are interested in working at a well-established, fast-paced and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
Big Sister Association is seeking dynamic individuals to join our Site-Based Mentoring team. The Site-Based Mentoring program is a one-to-one mentoring program which matches elementary school girls with adult women mentors. As a Big Sister staff member, you will contribute to a mentor-rich community in which every girl has access to the individual nurturing, guidance and support she needs to become a confident, competent and caring adult.
The Site-Based Mentoring Part-time Match Support Specialist provides a range of clinical and administrative tasks to help the department reach its service delivery goals. Direct service responsibilities fall under two main areas: match support to matches, and school/ site coordination. The Match Support Specialist also provides other tasks as assigned, including enrollment and matching of Big and Little Sisters.
• Provide case management, clinical support and crisis intervention to Big and Little Sister matches
• Facilitate training workshops for Big Sisters
• Establish and maintain relationships with caseload of Big Sisters, Little Sisters and families
• Maintain ongoing communication with Big and Little Sister matches
• Maintain all administrative aspects of the matches including preparing, collecting and updating all forms, keeping accurate records and updating the AIM database with relevant case information.
• Provide ongoing oversight and management of healthy match relationships
• Regularly visit school sites to provide on-site support and assure program quality standards
• Promote positive relationships and ongoing collaboration with school personnel and community
Enrollment and Matching:
• Perform intake assessments/interviews of potential Big Sisters and Little Sisters
• Utilize site-based mentoring orientation and training materials to prepare and support Big Sisters
• Make matches between Big and Little Sisters
• Minimum bachelor's degree in social services, human services or related fields
• 1-2 years of experience in social services or related fields
• Sensitivity to and experience in working with multicultural populations
• Knowledge of child development theory
• Knowledge of positive youth development principles
• Passion for and commitment to gender-specific mission
• Exemplary interpersonal skills in multicultural environments
• Skilled at providing customized guidance, direction, coaching and customer service via phone, e-mail and in person
• Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and critical thinking skills focused on customer service, child safety and goodness of fit for enduring match relationships
• Highly organized, flexible and able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to give and receive feedback as a tool for growth
• Must be able to work during school hours
• Weekend hours required and must have Saturday availability
• This position is part time and will require 20 hours per week
• Master's degree in social work, counseling, or education
• Knowledge of and experience in working with school systems
• Mentoring experience and knowledge of best practices
• Sensitivity to and experience in working with girls and women
• Fluent in Spanish or Haitian Creole (writing, reading & speaking)
• Access to reliable transportation to travel to Mattapan and Dorchester
Reports to: Manager of Site-Based Mentoring
Big Sister is committed to hiring staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of color, bilingual and bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in working at a well-established, fast-paced and supportive organization committed to serving girls, please apply.
Please send cover letter and resume with subject line PT Match Support Specialist SBM to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers