The names "driver" and "stock personnel" are used interchangeably in this document and in the workplace. This relief position is primarily responsible for delivering all meals and supplies to Pine Street Inn's programs and external (iCater) customers, following the standards and practices of the department. Responsibilities can also include receiving all deliveries, checking invoices and donated slips for discrepancies, and properly storing all food and supplies whether purchased or donated to the inn. The driver also interacts with donors and is frequently scheduled to pick up donated items coming to the Inn.
We are looking for an individual who is punctual, is compassionate and has a good disposition, is flexible, pays attention to safety, is professional and shows initiative. Also important is someone who is focused on job quality and continued improvement, is tolerant, and is committed to department unity and teamwork.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Massachusetts driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Must be able to read English satisfactorily
• Basic computer skills, and the ability to use Windows 2010 programs
• Good communication skills
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift at least fifty (50) pounds of weight
• Ability to climb in and out of large trucks
• Frequent bending, stooping, and access walk-ins (refrigerators and freezers) for extended periods of time
• Must be able to store food deliveries in excess of 100 cases
• Must feel comfortable driving for long periods of time, sometimes in excess of four (4) hours per day and to various locations across the state