favorite this postLife Skills Coach (PT) (Newton, MA)hide this posting
compensation: $14-$18 per hour, depending on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to support and enhance the lives of individuals by encouraging personal growth and active participation in the community, and respecting individual preferences and diversity. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
The goal of the position is to provide support and leadership for our individuals to participate in community activities as well as promote and enhance independent living skills. The Life Skills Coach would be responsible for assisting the individuals being served with certain independent living skills such as; budgeting money, grocery shopping, travel destination training, decision making, problem solving, leisure skills, and safety awareness in the community. We are seeking a dynamic, personable, energetic and responsible person to work in this growing program, must have flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in ISP's and other pertinent meetings to assist in setting long-range goals and objectives for participants and for the program.
• Supervises and monitors the health and safety of participants in the program at all times while at the program site, in the community, or at an off -site recreation facility.
• Complies with all applicable government regulations.
• Develops and maintains relations with service providers in the community.
• Assesses and documents participants' progress weekly.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional relationship with consumers, parents, care providers, co-workers and appropriate others.
• Consistently communicates with Director of Residential Services, family members, and service providers regarding individuals served.
• Point person and liaison with the Newton Housing Authority, reporting all maintenance issues.
• Acts as a program monitor for all individuals served, filing incident and police reports when needed.
• Ensures all medical, therapy appointments, medications are maintained and documentation provided.
• Acts as an advocate on behalf of clients served, providing intervention and consultation as needed-Acts as Mandated reporter.
• Responsible for confirming scheduled meetings with participants, rescheduling if needed.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to assure efficiency of program services.
• Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Candidates who have completed an associate's degree given preference; minimum of high school degree and two years related experience in a care giving or educational environment; hospital, school, day program, etc.
• Ability to relate in a positive and constructive manner with clients, their families, the community and staff members.
• Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally and in writing, client performance and social behavior.
• Utilization of critical thinking skills in decision making situations, good organizational skills.
• Ability to recognize communication approach and needs of each participate to maximize effectiveness.
• Strong ability to work independently and maintain excellent communication.
• Must possess knowledge and creativity in regards to community resources.
• Flexible, positive, and cooperative approach to scheduling with participant.
• Obtain/maintain necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid)
• Valid Driver's License, Must use own vehicle.
Hours & Salary:
• Varied and Flexible hours 14-19 hours a week.
• $14-$18 per hour, depending on experience
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069.
Keywords:vocational, leadership, role model, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers