favorite this postLife Skills Coach (FT) (Newton, MA)hide this posting
compensation: $14 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to support and enhance the lives of individuals by encouraging personal growth and active participation in the community, and respecting individual preferences and diversity. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
The Life Skills Coach position in the Specialized Supports Day Services program is structured with a small (1:1, 1:2, 1:3) staff/participant ratio focused on skill acquisition and experiential learning through community exploration. Our participants may be on the autism spectrum, non-verbal or just need a more specialized approach to learning. We are seeking a dynamic, personable, energetic and responsible person to work in this growing program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Under the supervision of the clinical management team, the Life Skills Coach is responsible for the direct care of individuals in the day program, including the use of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) principles and techniques
· Work with individuals on a variety of tasks throughout their day (tasks may include: social skills, communication and language, academics, vocational skills, community behavior and activities of daily living)
· Utilize strategies to teach social and communication skills to allow program participants to succeed in the community
· Consistently collect accurate data for individual programs, daily living skills, vocational skills and behavior (frequency, antecedent-behavior-consequence, duration, etc.) in a timely manner
· Have a thorough knowledge and competent implementation of all program participant programs and behavior management guidelines implemented in the program and in the community
· Ensure all participants safety and implement all safety procedures
· Record and compile all necessary behavioral and educational research data accurately
· Applicants must be bright, energetic individuals with a strong desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and autism, and experience in or an interest in being trained in the principles of applied behavior analysis.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and autism preferred.
· Candidates who have completed an associate's degree given preference.; minimum of high school degree and two years related experience in a care giving or educational environment; hospital, school, day program, etc.
· Knowledge and understanding of principles of normalization, behavior management and human rights.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills so that writing of required documents is clear and articulate.
· Strong ability to work in a team style environment.
· Obtain/maintain necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid and Crisis Intervention Training).
· Ability to lift and support body weight of any program individual with the assistance of another employee.
· Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal and agency vehicle in the course of employment.
Hours & Salary:
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week.
- $14 per hour
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (no deductible, employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time Benefits
- 12 paid holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069.
Keywords:community based day, vocational, day time, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers