The West Suburban YMCA is looking for reliable and energetic staff to work in our Kids' Corner Program. Apply today!
QR Code Link to This Post
Currently looking to fill weekday mornings and afternoons and Saturdays.
To provide a safe, supervised play environment for the children of the WSYMCA members while parent(s) or guardian is on the premises.
1. Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child under their watch.
2. Ascertain that all appropriate forms are completed by parent/guardian.
3. Monitor the parents to insure they sign in and out for their children.
4. All staff must be thoroughly familiar with all emergency procedures and know how to use the paging system.
5. Staff will take turns planning play activities, songs, story-time, and creative play for children in their care.
6. Enforce health codes and good hygiene.
7. Responsible for finding a substitute for themselves when they are unable to work. Notify the supervisor as soon as possible for any substitutions.
8. All staff is expected to attend staff meetings when held.
9. Must follow dress code: provided child watch t-shirt and name tag at all times.
10. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
1. Infant and Adult CPR/AED, and First Aid.
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community.
4. Previous experience in children's play, arts and crafts and group activities.
5. Required trainings for WSYMCA employees.
1. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
2. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; kneel; crouch; and possibly crawl.
3. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WHY WORK FOR THE YMCA?
The YMCA achieves its mission one person at a time. The greatest source of energy for the YMCA is our staff. Our staff contributes to the advancement of the YMCA's vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities. Guided daily by the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, our staff create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that serves individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.