compensation: $14 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to empower individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive in their living, social and work communities. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
Provide community integration support with a focus on health and wellness for individuals on-site and in the community. We have excellent fringe benefits, a real team environment and low staff turnover!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide direct care and supervision to all program participants focusing on health and safety, skill acquisition, social skills, daily living skills, self-advocacy skills and community participation, in accord with individual choice and human rights.
• Support program participants at the local YMCA
• Coordinate the flow of health and wellness within the program, including development of schedules and guest speakers or demonstrations specifically related to good health.
• Adhere to all treatment plans for the individuals, maintain records, write progress notes and complete annual assessments.
• Case management responsibilities: maintain records and progress notes, advocacy, and maintaining contact with family, residences, businesses and appropriate agencies.
• Teach, train and act as a role model for individuals in the program.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal vehicle during the course of employment.
Hours & Salary:
Position is 40 hours per week.
Our comprehensive and generous benefit package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (no deductible, employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
Please send a cover letter & resume or fax to 617-244-0069.
vocational, job coach, day time, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, case worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers