Established in 1977, Vinfen is a nonprofit, health and human services organization and a leading provider of community-based services to individuals with disabilities. Each year, Vinfen provides a comprehensive array of services to adolescents and adults with psychiatric conditions, developmental disabilities, brain injuries, and behavioral health challenges. Vinfen's 2,700 dedicated employees are experienced, highly-trained professionals who provide a full range of supportive living, health, educational, and clinical services in more than 200 programs throughout eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
As a Job Coach at Vinfen, you may work with people who have psychiatric conditions, intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, or behavioral health challenges to support their career goals. Job Coaches make a big difference in the lives of the people we support. You are a cheerleader, helping people strengthen their confidence. You are a teacher, helping job seekers gain skills that will help them succeed on the job. You are a mentor, helping people take pride in their work and achieve greater independence within their community. Your support and guidance will help individuals achieve goals, overcome barriers, and become more independent. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
Job Coaches' work days are diverse and on-the-go. You may coach people individually or in group settings. You may monitor individuals work progress and the effectiveness of various employment and vocational programs. Your work may involve traveling to various work sites in the community to provide hands-on support to both employers and people we serve at their jobs. You may act as a role model who demonstrates appropriate social interactions with employers and the public. You may track daily progress and achievement of individuals' employment goals. Lastly, you may be responsible for managing the daily operations at a program, facility, or community employment setting
• High School diploma or GED required. A bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Services, Special Education or related field preferred but not required.
• Previous experience working with similar population.
• Strong time management, organizational and writing skills.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment (if applicable). Certification trainings are offered through Vinfen upon hire.
• Must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, and national fingerprinting background check.
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply Now" link for the position you are interested in, and create a new account if you have not yet made one. Follow the easy instructions to fill out your application and submit your resume.
Vinfen serves a diverse population in its residential and day programs. Applicants who have a multicultural background and/or are bilingual are encouraged to apply.
Schedule for this position is: Monday-Friday, 8 AM-4 PM. Note: All Job Coach positions are located in Somerville.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
We offer a generous benefits package including:
• A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
• Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
• Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
• Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
• Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
• $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
• Other generous benefits and perks!
Keep In Touch!
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Like us on Facebook and follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with our open positions and current events!
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org. Recruiters, please no calls.
Keywords: Day Habilitation, day time, mental health, behavioral health, Program Instructor, Day Program, Job Coach, Supported Employment, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, ABI, acquired brain injury, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers