favorite this postEmployment Supervisor (Newton, MA)hide this posting
compensation: Dependent on education and experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to empower individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive in their living, social and work communities. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
Work with individuals with developmental disabilities in the Employment Services department to help him/her realize his or her vocational goals through job development and job placement. Program development and administrative responsibilities, knowledge of job development, planning and implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist Director in managing and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Employment Services Program.
• Assist Director with formulating, implementing, and monitoring program goals and objectives.
• Participate in planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of off-site employment placements.
• Monitor and ensure the health, safety, rights and dignity of individuals to encourage their independence while in the program, at community work sites and in the community, in accord with individual choice and human rights.
• Coordinate logistics for off-site placements, including scheduling, transportation, work performance and training.
• Complete vocational profiles, task analysis, job matching, and assessments for community work placements.
• Insure all job coaches complete case management duties for assigned individuals, including advocacy, team planning, and liaison with other agencies and families.
• Insure all Progress Notes, Support Strategies, Vocational Assessments, Community Integration Logs and other required documentation utilized within the program in a timely manner.
• Model a professional appearance and demeanor while at the program and at community work sites, treating all recipients, staff, and families as valued adults.
• Use own vehicle to transport individuals to and from work sites, travel training, developing alternative transportation and monitoring of the same.
• Develop natural supports and promote networking and positive peer relations for long-term supervision and advocacy for all individuals placed.
• Develop partnerships and alliances within the local community in order to further the mission of the Employment Services Program.
• Collaborate with CBDS staff to ensure quality vocational preparation programming for all individuals in the Work$mart program.
• Complete initial and annual reviews for job coaches.
• 2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in job development and/or job support services.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal and agency vehicle in the course of employment.
• Ability to complete CPR, First Aid and Crisis Intervention Training.
• Ability to lift and support body weight of any program individual with the assistance of another employee.
Position is 40 hours per week.
Our comprehensive and generous benefit package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (no deductible, employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
Please send a cover letter & resume or fax to 617-244-0069.
vocational, job coach, day time, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, case worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers