The Communications & Advocacy Manager will establish and maintain messaging of MassVOTE's short-and long-term goals of voter engagement and voting rights issue-based advocacy. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-issue environment with overlapping short-term and long-term deadlines; attention to detail; strong writing, interpersonal and organizational skills. Interest in community advocacy and legislative affairs are necessary.
70% of the job is communications and 30% outreach and advocacy
• Develop communications strategies and timelines.
• Manage and grow MassVOTE's online advocacy and supporter list, social media audience and website presence.
• Create opportunities and narratives to highlight Mass VOTE's accomplishments
• Drafting press releases, fact sheets/talking points, and maintaining relationships with media
• Interacting and communicating with partner organizations and stakeholders on MassVOTE's advocacy agenda.
• Help maintain relationships with elected officials, election stakeholders, and community partners to further promote the goals of MassVOTE.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, as well as organizational skills and the ability to follow up and meet deadlines.
• Experience using different media channels to deliver program and marketing content
• Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically.
• Transferable knowledge and experience from working with diverse communities, youth, new citizens, nonprofits, and familiarity with voting and elections.
• Technical skills: Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Action Network or similar online organizing database and platform, basic web and graphic design.
• College degree in Political Science, Government, Communications, or a related field.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities