favorite this postDay Habilitation Paraprofessional (Newton, MA) hide this posting
compensation: Dependent on education and experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
The Price Center is a non-profit human service organization which recently moved to a newly renovated building in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to support and enhance the lives of individuals by encouraging personal growth and active participation in the community, and respecting individual preferences and diversity. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
The position provides direct care to individuals focusing on daily living skills and social skills. The Price Center boasts excellent fringe benefits, a real team environment and low staff turnover!
- Provide direct care services to adults with developmental disabilities.
- Adhere to all treatment plans for the individuals, maintaining records and progress notes.
- Work with individuals or with small groups, helping them develop gross/fine motor skills, communication, activities of daily living and social skills, focusing on teaching and empowering individuals.
- 1 year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment.
- Ability to lift and support the body weight of any program individual with the assistance of another staff member.
Position is 40 hours per week.
Full medical and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement matching plan, tuition reimbursement program, generous paid vacation and time-off.
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers