favorite this postSpecialized Skills 1:1 (Newton, MA) hide this posting
compensation: $16 per hour employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
The Price Center is a non-profit human service organization which recently moved to a newly renovated building in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to support and enhance the lives of individuals by encouraging personal growth and active participation in the community, and respecting individual preferences and diversity. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
The Specialized Skills 1:1 position in the Specialized Supports Day Services program is focused on skill acquisition and experiential learning through community exploration. Our participants may be on the autism spectrum, non-verbal or just need a more specialized approach to learning. We are seeking a dynamic, personable, energetic and responsible person to work in this growing program.The Price Center boasts excellent fringe benefits, a real team environment and low staff turnover!
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to work with people with varying abilities including those who are non-verbal and have some behavioral challenges.
- ABA or PBS training a plus.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment.
Position is 40 hours per week.
Full medical and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403(b) Retirement matching plan, tuition reimbursement program, mileage reimbursement, 12 paid holidays, generous paid vacation and time-off.
Please send a cover letter & resume or fax to 617-244-0069.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers