compensation: Pay will be commensurate with skills and experience; hours per week are negotiable employment type: employee's choice internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Human Services Research Institute (HSRI) is seeking to hire a part-time or full-time paid summer intern to work on behavioral health research and evaluation projects in its Cambridge, MA offices. Duties include but are not restricted to: maintaining project records and files; scheduling and taking notes at meetings; gathering information through literature reviews and searches; data coding and entry; proofreading and other editorial tasks; and assisting with presentation materials, reports, and briefs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum requirement is completion of junior year in college; bachelor's degree or 1 to 2 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Good communications, organizational, and writing skills
- Experience conducting literature searches
- Basic to intermediate experience with productivity software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn additional software and applications such as those used for web conferencing, online meetings, and for managing and storing project schedules, information, and materials
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Performs additional duties, as assigned
Conditions of Work
- The intern will be assigned a mentor whose responsibilities include:
Training and supervision
Developing a set of learning and career development goals in collaboration with the intern
Providing guidance and monitoring progress toward mutually agreed upon goals
- Pay will be commensurate with skills and experience; hours per week are negotiable
- We anticipate that the position will run from May 1 through September 29, 2017, but the start and end dates are flexible
HSRI is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the ADA and applicable state laws intended to protect those with disabilities. Our offices are accessible by public transportation and accessible to people with disabilities.
Please email your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with HSRI Summer Internship I - Behavioral Healthin the subject line. Or send your materials to:
Human Services Research Institute
2336 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140
No phone calls please; email contact only.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities