Executive Assistant/Office Manager at a Boston Downtown Non-Profit
Summary. Boston-based nonprofit organization providing international leadership in prostate cancer is seeking a full-time, highly motivated Executive Assistant/Office Manager to support research, educational and awareness programs and manage day-to-day operations of a busy nonprofit organization. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about making a difference, particularly in the area of health care, and will have the primary responsibility to manage organizational operations and events related to community outreach and a research, education, awareness and advocacy campaign in health care policy, serving as the point of contact for the offices of elected officials and partner organizations. In addition, the selected individual will provide coordination and assistance in the campaign integration with the following related areas:
1. Office administration and management as needed, including, but not limited, to IT and databases;
2. Communications, PR/public affairs, marketing, and fundraising. This includes content development and posting for press releases, website, social media and newsletters;
3. Event management/coordination; and
4. Research and analysis.
General Requirements. The candidate must have strong computer skills and be highly organized, tech-savvy and detail-oriented, with at least 2 years of event management and/or office administration. Experience in the community outreach/organizing, political campaigns and/or advocacy experience is preferred. A track record and experience at the Massachusetts-based non-profit and/or political organizations is preferred. Can-do attitude, strong work ethics and communication skills are required. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at once.
Specific Skills and Knowledge. This candidate should possess strong writing and computer skills, including:
1. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and related calendar management);
2. Fundamental understanding of IT, databases and graphics (Adobe Photoshop/Acrobat is preferred)
3. Social media and website (Wordpress is preferred);
4. MAC/Apple OS (preferred);
5. Familiarity with Quickbooks and budgeting; and
6. Strong skills in research and analysis.
The organization is located in one of downtown Boston's most desirable office buildings in immediate proximity to public transportation. The position is available immediately. If you have the required skills, please send us your resume and a cover letter to tell us why you'd be a great fit!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers