Eighteen-year-old Boston-based band Lucretia's Daggers (female vox, electric bass, metal guitar, drum & synth backing tracks) seeks experienced, creative and mature (40+ preferred) "dark lyrical electro-rock" laptop drums tracks producer –OR- electro-drummer (not acoustic drums) to add to its lineup.
See our live & professional videos for sound, look, performances: http://lucretiasdaggers.com/videos
Lucretia's Daggers "dark lyrical electro-rock": snarky metal, rock, goth, synth, pop, punk mix -- is a fun and committed bunch of 40+ year old musicians looking for a replacement for our outgoing guitarist. Practice space in Watertown is free and currently on Sundays 6-9pm. We play clubs in the Boston/Cambridge/Somerville area (Middle East, Great Scott, O'Brien's, Cantab, PA's Lounge, Out of the Blue Gallery, Jacques, Lizard Lounge, etc.) We participate in radio interviews, have merch (CDs/MP3s, stickers, buttons/magnets, earrings/necklaces) and have both live and professional music videos (see "Public Transit": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac1rRZGp_R0 and "The Horrors of Retail": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a2-7vW8HkU)
Here's what we're looking for in a bandmate:
1. Drummer OR drum tracks producer with proficiency and ability to collaborate and improvise in composing new songs (knowledge of sequencing software: Reason, Logic, Ableton, etc.) essential; ability to create and edit instrumental loops in real time preferred
2. have or will get your own electric drums/keyboard (with sampling capability preferred) – OR – manage our laptop and software (Reason)
3. have own transportation
4. have prior experience working with musicians/are a team player
5. have performed or want to perform on stage
6. are able and willing to perform live a few times a year in Boston area, New England, someday NYC
7. can meet 1x/week for practice (currently Sundays in Watertown MA)
8. wish to record with the band
9. can look & dress the part (arty/dark rocker/gothic/apocalyptic/futuristic)
10. are willing to have pictures taken with the band
11. aren't in another band/have too many family/child commitments/are actually available to play out, and
12. like our music!
(Think the Clash, Fiona Apple, NIN, Dresden Dolls, XTC, Marilyn Manson, Muse, Brian Eno, Zakk Wylde, Steve Vai, Garbage, Lords of Acid, Dead Can Dance, Portishead, HUMANWINE, Human League, Depeche Mode, Machines of Loving Grace, System of a Down, Metallica)
Here's list describing the type of person who would work well in LD:
* environmentally green
* think religion is a joke
* sick of being screwed by the system
* love female-fronted rock
* several years of experience playing out live
* interested in recording
* not looking for money (that's what day jobs are for; if we get paid, everybody gets a cut)
* backup vox (alto range at least)
* creative flair
* Bonus: vehicle with space for spare passenger
* Bonus: web editing, social media savvy
* Bonus: recording skills, equipment, space
Please check our:
1. Facebook, Youtube, Reverbnation, and Website to listen/watch, and
2. Be prepared to submit previous work as examples before contacting us.
P.S. Please ACTUALLY be available. It is exhausting to replace people who realize they cannot commit to the project.
P.P.S. Angry trolls will be ignored. Please don't bother us if you just want to complain. Thank you.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers