compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
BPI is looking for a talented and creative Senior UI/UX designer to join our staff.
BPI specializes in media design and production for museums, visitor centers, and retail environments. We develop not only interactive applications, but also design and produce films, audio, and immersive theaters. We love to build interactions with physical components, multiple screens, and unusual interfaces. Since we're also a hardware integrator, we prototype and test in our shop, and work closely with our technicians to create seamless experiences that blend software and hardware to create one, unified application.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to the process.
The right candidate can plan and implement user research tasks, expertly perform design duties for interactive, web and mobile interfaces and collaborate throughout the development process through to deployment.
• Brainstorm concepts and produce designs for tech-based interactives and immersive experiences that will engage and educate the visitors
• Work with the digital team to identify project goals and benchmarks at the outset of each project
• Produce designs that support the clients mission and delivers a compelling user experience
• Create high quality designs with a focus on cross browser and cross platform compatibility
• Oversee and manage BPI's process for user-testing of wireframes, as well as user-testing of working digital prototypes, to verify proof-of-concepts for the user experience, and collect data/feedback that inform where adjustments to functionality, interface layout, or instructions may be necessary. Create, as needed for each interactive project, design mockups, wireframes, storyboards, and user-flows.
• Ensure User Interface guidelines and standards are followed during the development and maintenance of the product
• Assist the team in all quality-assurance review and usability testing.
• Additional graphic design support tasks such as managing the development and assembly of a full Media Design Package. The document's layout & look-and-feel design should be a professional presentation/submittal.
• When needed, provide a supportive role to the graphic interface designer. For assigned projects, develop the layout and design for the Media Design Package, as a professional presentation or milestone submittal.
• Provide a supportive role to the Graphic Designer that is developing the layout and design of marketing and sales materials, such as bid proposal submittals.
• Participate in administrative meetings relating to sales, scheduling, and staff planning.
• Support Creative Director as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in UI, UX or a related field.
• A minimum of three years of experience designing product features while working in a team
• Strong portfolio with user experience design case studies, and smart interactive projects
• Experience with user centered design principles and practices, web standards, typography and color, and web usability standards
• Expert knowledge of core design principles with portfolio reflecting a strong, clean design sense.
• Ability to deliver detailed wireframes, flowcharts, visual designs, prototypes, and style guides
• Understanding of user research, and ability to gather requirements for new and existing products
• Ability to participate in and lead iterative planning sessions, communicate your plans and question your own and others' assumptions
• Ability to understanding the underlying technology of a product, and to work closely with engineers to achieve goals
• Basic CMS experience.
• Creativity, flexibility, sense of humor
• Energetically offer ideas and a way forward on how to accomplish a goal or get something done.
• Supports team members and contributes to overall positive vibe of the team
• Limited travel may be required.
We ask that candidates be ready to show us examples of your work. This is a full-time, on-site position. Benefits include medical, dental, Paid Time Off (PTO), paid federal holidays, and 401(k).
Boston Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers