compensation: $35,000-$40,000 base salary and benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
COMPANY & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Artaic is a unique design and manufacturing firm based in Boston's Innovation District at the Boston Design Center in the Innovation and Design Building (http://idbldg.com). Artaic produces highly customized tile mosaic art murals for a wide variety of applications, primarily within the commercial hospitality architecture and interior design industry. Artaic is inventing and applying a proprietary, partially automated system of front-end design software linked to back-end inventory management and robotic fabrication. This system allows for revolutionary efficiency in mosaic production.
Artaic is a dynamic growth stage company with a demonstrated commitment to supporting new design, engineering, and business ideas while promoting an entrepreneurial culture that fosters and rewards initiative, innovation, and creativity.
Artaic's entry level opportunity for a Junior Surface Designer will gain meaningful hands-on experience with Artaic's design processes in a highly collaborative small company environment. The employee will work under the guidance of the Senior Surface Designer, sales representatives, and project manager to fulfill client design requirements while meeting project deadlines. This is a full-time salaried position.
OVERVIEW & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Render 2D mosaic designs quickly & accurately to meet client's project deadlines (3D interior modeling experience a bonus).
• Use Artaic's proprietary in-house mosaic design software "Tylist" to create beautiful Mosaics. (Learn about Tylist here: https://vimeo.com/108132949.)
• Daily use of Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.).
• Create repeating patterns, abstract designs, original artwork, and sourced artwork for mosaic designs
• Create creating pixel art designs in Adobe Photoshop.
• Understand and interpret written direction to visual design renderings.
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign required.
• BFA in Textile design, Industrial design, product design, or related field (Fine art, Graphic Design etc.) preferred.
• Familiarity with Architectural programs such as Revit, Sketchup, SolidWorks, Keyshot, or AutoCAD a plus.
• Able to understand/learn to read architectural elevations, design documents, and basic units of measurement.
• Ability to produce & prioritize quality design work to meet deadlines.
• Genuine passion for art and design, with an understanding of color, composition, and market trends.
• Extremely detail oriented.
• Ability to work independently but also collaborates when needed and use feedback in a productive way.
Competitive compensation package includes $35,000-$40,000 base salary and benefits.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS & PERKS
• Health insurance.
• Commuter tax benefits.
• Bike parking and showers on site.
• Free IDB non-stop shuttle to and from both North Station and South Station.
• Off-site team building activities.
• Paid training opportunities.
• Mosaic Friends and Family discount on personal mosaic projects.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers