SUMMARY STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Under general supervision, coordinates a spectrum of communication projects ranging from design and production of materials to branding, marketing, and messaging of the Recreation & Cultural Affairs Division's programs, projects, and events, and improves residents' awareness of programs and services through community and neighborhood outreach. Flexible hours day or evening.
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, or in a similar field or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a focus in graphic design and public relations
• Minimum of two years' experience performing similar duties preferably with an advertising agency and/or marketing department
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites required
• Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, In-design, and Photoshop
• Knowledge of the print production process
• Strong attention to fine details and focus in completing tasks (i.e. editing, proofreading)
• Experience managing e-websites, social media platforms, and channels of communication i.e. Facebook, public website among others
• Flexibility in working with others ideas and accepts criticism well
• Has a creative eye and is an out of the box thinker
• Advanced organizing and project coordination skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources Department, City of Chelsea, 500 Broadway, Chelsea, MA 02150 or email email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. City application forms are available in the Human Resources Department. The City of Chelsea is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers