compensation: Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Floral Designer - Full-Time; Winston Flowers Boston
Winston Flowers is a third-generation family owned florist and specialty retailer headquartered in Boston, MA. In business for over 70 years, we have six retail locations and a 70,000 square-foot design studio in the greater Boston area, a retail location in Greenwich, CT, and as of Fall 2017, our newest location in New York City. With design expertise and impressive, fresh style, we have a prominent client list and designs are featured in hotels, businesses and high profile events throughout Boston, Connecticut and New York.
• Consistently create floral designs incorporating effective and innovative use of colors, floral materials, vessels and accent materials, while meeting established criteria for Winston Flowers design styles and cost of goods in a Studio environment
• Day to day responsibilities will be dependent on business needs including, but not limited to event design and installation, as well as corporate, residential, gift and custom floral design
• Apply proper flower handling fundamental techniques; meet and consistently maintain required standards of production
• Possible client contact and sales support responsibility
• 3+ years of custom floral design experience in a high-end, high volume floral shop or design studio is required
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to efficiently and professionally meet client needs
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Flexible schedule required, including regular weekend availability
• Peak business periods will require extended work days and work weeks
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Winston Flowers' benefits are comprehensive and include competitive compensation, paid time off, medical and dental insurance, company-paid life and long term disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, pre-tax reimbursement account, free on-site parking and a generous employee discount.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, resume and social media/portfolio with photos of work if available for consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers