CACHE is looking for an experienced, take-charge professional to manage Circle the Square, a third-Thursday summer street festival series throughout Medford Square, now going into its 7th season, with expected dates of June 21 and July 19, 2018. The Events Coordinator, in conjunction with the Programming Coordinator and the Circle the Square Committee of volunteers, will develop, coordinate and execute logistics and timelines for Circle the Square, and drive participation by vendors and financial supporters. The successful candidate will also coordinate in-kind solicitations, provide administrative support, maintain the event database and serve as liaison between CACHE and third parties.
The ideal candidate can manage logistics in a busy, sponsor-based, community event environment, enjoys event management, provides outstanding customer service, has superior organizational skills, maintains an enthusiastic and professional attitude, and excels in building relationships. They must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines, and work some evenings and weekends. The Events Coordinator should have a passion for outreach and communication with local organizations, businesses and artists in Medford.
• Initiate and maintain positive on-going connections with vendors, including artists, community organizations, local business owners, food vendors, and sponsors through in-person, telephone and email contacts, and maintain a database of contact information for all vendors
• Serve as primary contact for all third-party requests for participation and involvement in the events, and present information and recommendations about those requests to the Circle the Square Committee and the CACHE Board as needed
• Create and execute timetables and project plans
• Market the event, including press releases and on-line event postings, and coordinate with graphic artists to design, print and distribute marketing materials including signage, posters, flyers and postcards
• Coordinate with the City of Medford for all appropriate permits and festival logistical needs
• Work in partnership with the Programming Director to arrange participating artists and performers and establish venue layouts
• Recruit volunteers for events
• Schedule and lead meetings of the Circle the Square Committee
• Track all event expenses and income, including sponsorships, donations, pledges, and in-kind donations, and report to the CACHE Board
• Coordinate event logistics before, during, and after the event including delivery and management of event equipment and assignment of responsibilities to Circle the Square Committee members and other volunteers. The successful candidate must be present for setup, during and at take down on the day of each event (approximately 1:00 pm to 8:30 pm).
Experience and Skills:
• Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, as well as data management/input skills
• Familiarity with Google Docs
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple and varied tasks while meeting tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork and excellence
• Sensitivity, tact, diplomacy and the ability to honor confidential information
• Ability to manage volunteers and coordinate with the Circle the Square Committee and the CACHE Board with clear communication and expectations
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in coordinating events required; experience in coordinating community events preferred
• Strong initiative and proactive attitude.
• Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle required
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Ability to meet physical requirements related to event execution as needed including setting up event equipment (such as tables, chairs, and tents), and the ability to lift and move items up to 30 pounds.
• Ability to stand for up to 3 hours at a time
• Ability to move from site to site as needed, walking to various sites at the event
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• Coordinating with city officials
• Experience working with a board of directors
• Grant writing experience
• Graphic design skills
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers