compensation: based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Estimator / Design Assistant
For over 34 years, Metropolitan Cabinets & Countertops has been serving developers, construction contractors, architects and property management professions with a team specifically dedicated to the unique needs of the construction market. We build products to your specifications, within budget and in a timely manner to meet the customer's deadlines.
Over 90% of product we sell is manufactured or fabricated at our factory in Norwood, Massachusetts. This competitive advantage gives us the ability to react quickly to change orders and adjust to the schedules. We also represent several other major U.S. cabinet manufacturers and provide HUD and HUD Severe Use products.
We maintain four showrooms conveniently located in Norwood, Watertown, Natick, and Wakefield.
Be a part of this proven fast growing company in the Greater Boston area
We offer a competitive wage and benefits such as paid vacation/holiday time.
Work hours are Monday -- Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Estimator/Design Assistant. The role of Design Assistant at Metropolitan Cabinets & Countertops is to provide technical support and produce estimates for our sales staff.
• Work with sales personnel to design and develop kitchen layouts within the parameters of the clients' space and budget.
• Develop pricing for quotation and orders of cabinets, countertops and hardware.
• Verify order information by review of vendor acknowledgements.
• Differentiate between various vendors in terms of construction, features, options, flexibility, pricing and lead-time.
• Communicate with contractors and/or homeowners on an as need basis.
• Effectively perform clerical duties as required
• Keep product samples organized and available.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Detail oriented, with the ability to interpret project and plan specifications.
• Knowledge of appliance specifications and integration into kitchen design.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with contractors and homeowners.
• Ability to adjust quickly to new or changing assignments, processes and personnel
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Internet and AutoCAD
• Knowledge of the kitchen design process.
• 20-20 Experience is a plus
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers