compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a high-end picture frame company headquartered in Cambridge, MA that manufactures and produces one-of-a-kind custom picture frames from raw materials for our clients throughout the Boston area. Known for our work with high-end, valuable art, we are adept and skilled at working with and creating frames for all types of artwork and photography meant to preserve and protect the work our frames surround and are looking for a skilled and driven person to join our team
We are currently seeking a highly qualified person to manage and coordinate all aspects of our custom framing and fine art photo mounting production.
• Work with cross functional staff to make sure all custom framing jobs are delivered on time within current production schedules
• Manage and track output of custom frames being produced in our frame shop
• Prioritize the completion of framing jobs in accordance to the needs of our clients and their due dates
• Have awareness as to where each frame is in process in the frame shop in order to effectively communicate with design staff projected completion dates
• Communicate with framing production staff (fitters) changes in prioritization for framing orders
• Act as a go-between with fitters and wood shop to make sure they have all necessary elements to complete framing jobs
• Attend daily production meetings with wood shop and senior staff
• Work with Saxonville (Framingham, Ma) photo mounting department to organize, track and prioritize all photo mounting orders
• Work closely with our Photography Consultant to quote, write up and enter orders that originate through him
• Act as a liaison with our NYC photographic galleries to coordinate due dates and delivery of mounting and framing jobs
• Work closely with Cambridge and SoWa design staff to help meet their clients' needs and framing due dates
• Order from various vendors, coordinate incoming framing supplies with vendors and framing staff
• Custom framing experience: 4+ years
• Management experience: 3+ years
• Strong, demonstrable communication skills
• Proactive, urgent and highly-organized with the ability to see problems before they arise
• Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and with a team depending on day to day needs
• Computer skills: Email, Google Sheets/Docs, knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
• Photographic experience: applicants with knowledge of high end fine art photography and museum quality mounting processes will be preferred
• Able to handle a fast-paced, demanding environment with changing needs on a day to day basis
• Some travel to our Framingham mounting department is required, must be able to commute from Cambridge headquarters to Saxonville (approx. 20 mi.)
This position is a new position that we have developed in response to our current and fast-paced growth. The candidate who is the right fit for this job will have a keen understanding as to what it will take to keep our custom framing production on track in order to continue to meet the needs of our clients as we grow. This person will be highly organized and detail oriented with a willingness to learn all aspects of the business and help facilitate the completion of both custom frame production as well as all photographic mounting jobs. Some travel is required as you will need to bounce between our Saxonville (Framingham, MA) mounting studio to work with staff there and our Cambridge headquarters throughout the week. Proven experience in custom framing, both in design and production, as well as management of both will be necessary. You will not be managing a staff or team of people as they are largely self-sufficient, but rather managing the input and output of framing and mounting jobs, acting as a director of the flow of jobs to make sure all that needs to be in place is accomplished. A successful candidate will have a keen understanding custom framing with a desire to grow within that knowledge.
Working schedule is M-F 9-5, full time. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick time, health insurance and competitive pay.
We are looking for someone to start ASAP in order to undergo intensive training due to changes in the company. If you believe yourself to be the right fit, please send resume and cover letter detailing how you meet our needs. Applications without either will not be considered. No phone calls, please, email only.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers