QR Code Link to This Post
The Retail Specialist (merchandiser) is responsible for being a proactive member of a team of employees reporting to an onsite Team Lead as assigned by the District Manager. A Retail Specialist (merchandiser) will help the team performance, work towards company goals, ensure proper safety practices, and complete projects per assigned deadline while maintaining customer service and profitability.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Represent Apollo and its’ business units in all interactions with our retail partners, its’ customers and external vendors.
• Carry out the needs of the company while supporting all Apollo policies and procedures.
• Ensure any project related reporting and scheduling are submitted on-time with accuracy.
• Create a positive and engaging team environment with an open door communication policy.
• Complete projects as assigned as scheduled.
• Listen to Team Lead’s feedback.
• Maintain safety standards per OSHA required guidelines and report accidents immediately.
• Responsible to work within project in or under budgeted hours.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required
• Eighteen years of age or older
• Minimum of two years’ retail industry experience, including merchandising and/or fixture installation.
• Strong interpersonal including written and oral communication and customer support skills.
• Working knowledge of plan-o-grams and/or floorplans with some knowledge of blueprints; able to cross reference multiple documents.
• Strong knowledge of fixture sets including, racking, shelves and light assembly.
• Completion of all internal certifications and training programs. May require certification to operate machinery (e.g. forklifts.)
• Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, internet access, and basic tools (e.g. cordless drill, hammers, box cutter, screw drivers, etc.); specialty tools may be required – the company provides a purchase program.
• Must be able to work independently or as a member of a team.
• Computer software knowledge, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
• Personal mobile device required
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• 95% of time dedicated to physical work: stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time, Lifting, pulling, and pushing materials and equipment also required
• Lifting 50lbs+ of weight (frequently); repetitive motions
• Precarious or high locations may be required; will be required to frequently climb and descend ladders
• Possible daily and/or overnight travel required.