Looking for a Part-Time Delivery Driver to join our team! We work with several local businesses to provide courier services, transporting administrative packages between locations.
This position starts and ends at our WILMINGTON warehouse, and services the Lexington and Waltham areas.
EXPRESS ROUTE NORTH 1 DESCRIPTION
Start day receiving small packages from your first stop in Lexington; then, using a company-supplied cargo van, follow a pre-determined route retrieving additional packages from various offices in the Greater Boston Area. Once you have finished picking-up your materials, your day is over! All you need to do is head back to Wilmington to drop everything off.
This route has about 6 stops on any given day, and oftentimes, these stops are in rather dense areas where traffic can be heavy.
15 hrs / week, currently hiring for the following schedule:
• Must hold a valid Driver's License, clean driving record for the past three years, and verifiable references
• Must have no record of any DOIs
• Accuracy and attention-to-detail is a must; our couriers are responsible for scheduled deliveries at specific locations
• Subject to background check and random drug testing
• Customer Service mindset, as our couriers represent the company when making deliveries face-to-face with customers
• Deliver / Courier experience in this area is a plus
• Have a positive attitude, neat and clean appearance, and be fluent in English
• Must be able to lift 50+ lbs at once regularly throughout the day
• Must able to lift, bend, hoist, and carry
WHO ARE WE?
We are Optima and we do logistics.
Logistics is what we do: we plan, implement and coordinate volume shipments for our customers. Our courteous, uniformed drivers are equipped with Smart Phones, enabled with GPS tracking, bar code scanning and electronic signature capture technologies.
Optima customers enjoy the focused attention of a knowledgeable customer service team that gets to know them well over time. These strong personal relationships make our job more fun as well as more efficient. As an Optima customer, you're not dependent on one personal relationship. Every customer service person has a back-up rep who is familiar with the account and can provide seamless service.
Most importantly, every one of Optima's over 200 employees has a single mission: to get our customers' shipments delivered on time. If that means the president or a service representative needs to jump in his car in the middle of a snowstorm on a Saturday to get your package delivered on time, that's what we'll do.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers