Jumbo Capital Management, LLC ("Jumbo Capital") is a privately held, value focused, commercial real estate investment firm located in Quincy, MA. The firm was founded in 2009 to pursue investment opportunities brought about by the "great recession". Jumbo has since grown to over 40 employees with leadership having a combined 80+ years of commercial real estate experience. Jumbo Capital invests in all property types and focuses on a range of transactions from $5-$200 million. Currently, the firm manages over 4.2 million square feet of commercial real estate in Greater Boston.
QR Code Link to This Post
Jumbo Capital is currently hiring multiple Building Engineers to service their properties across the Greater Boston Area. These Building Engineers will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems. They will perform scheduled preventative maintenance and take unscheduled corrective action as needed.
• Performs timely preventative maintenance and repairs on all HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems.
• Optimize the operation of all HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems through the use of best practices and use of building automation systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved on the first attempt, in a cost-effective manner.
• Respond to tenant service requests in such a manner as to reduce work orders and eliminate recurring problems.
• Communicate effectively with team members, owner, owner's representative, or supervisor on any work performed and present status of the property and mechanical systems.
• Foster a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
• Comply with safety and environmental procedures, specifically hazardous communications program, lockout-tag out programs, operations and maintenance programs and directives.
• Oversee all third-party mechanical and service vendors.
• Inspect common areas, vacant units, and grounds to determine necessary repairs and maintenance, including submitting property inspection reports.
• Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree from engineering or technical school preferred. High school diploma and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
• Must have strong work ethic, be able to work independently, and be proactive.
• Proficiency reading and interpreting drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
• Minimum of 5 years related work experience required.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds as well as work in small spaces, working at heights from ladders, scaffolding, etc.
• This position may require property reassignment, weekend work, and after-hours availability for emergency calls based on portfolio needs.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Office 365
• Universal CFC preferred.
• Technical degree in HVAC or seven or more years of related experience.
**Please note that a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle are required for travel between Jumbo Capital's properties.**
PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://careers-hrknowledge.icims.com/jobs/1300/building-engineer/job?hub=7