Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Are you super organized and detail-oriented? Do you enjoy meeting new people? If so, read on...
CIC is looking for an ambitious, early career professional interested in being a part of our growing Talent Team. This is a great opportunity for someone with three to five years of professional work experience in recruiting, including in the administrative support and coordination of the recruiting and search process, and who is excited by a fast paced, inspiring environment.
Ibsen wrote: "A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm." At CIC we strive to embody this by providing our clients with exquisite space and genuine community. We've learned that the better our clients are supported, the better they will be able to achieve their goals and, in many cases, improve the world.
Who we help: Entrepreneurs, inventors, engineers, lawyers, creatives, musicians, health care providers, social entrepreneurs, and others across for-profit, mission-driven, and non-profit sectors. We currently serve 1400+ companies that range from startups to growth companies to branches of larger organizations.
What we do: We are obsessed with service and helping people, plain and simple. Well, not so simple. Your day as a CIC staffer could include anything from building IKEA furniture to liaising with politicians and diplomats to brainstorming how to create a more seamless move-in experience to a new client. At the end of the day, though, we are here to make our clients happy and to enhance the work they do.
Where we work: In carefully curated office spaces with impeccable snacks across Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Rotterdam, and St. Louis. CIC is currently expanding into new locations within the US and abroad.
Why we're different: We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work. We invite you to explore all our openings here, and learn more about us here.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are very much a part of the innovation community we support, and our work continues to grow at the local, national, and international level. The Recruiter will be part of a team that recruits A+ candidates across all of CIC's sites and across all of CIC's teams. In a given day, a recruiter could work with candidates that are interested in property management in St. Louis, operations in Boston, events in Miami, and relationship management in Philadelphia.
We are looking for someone with a unique combination of skills and style to be a member of a dynamic recruiting team team. You'll be driving a portfolio of searches, facilitating engagement by colleagues on the talent team and across the organization, and communicating with and interviewing candidates through email and in-person interactions. If you are an articulate, ethical individual who thinks critically, understands the nuances of effective communication, and is interested in a career in finding great team members for a growing global organization, this role might be the perfect fit. If you like to work hard and have fun while doing it, you'll definitely enjoy the work culture at CIC!
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
• Capable of leading initiatives with autonomy and also enjoys working closely with colleagues in a highly-collaborative environment
• A willingness to perform an array of administrative tasks coupled with an ability to play "back-up" to the responsibilities of more senior members of the team
• A balanced and comfortable presence around all people
• A proven record of professional success and an understanding of some of the hard lessons only challenging situations or failure can teach
• Able to work independently while communicating effectively with team-members and candidates alike
• Comfortable asking for help when faced with uncertain situations
• A commitment to work that they consider "mission" based, and an ability to see their work as an opportunity to make a powerful contribution to a larger effort
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drive a portfolio of complex search processes forward, from start to finish, including engaging with prospective candidates via email and phone, scheduling interviews and candidate visit days, collecting paperwork, answering follow-up questions, running background checks
• Lead sourcing and networking efforts to generate pipelines of strong candidates for your portfolio of searches including posting positions, using social media channels, and designing strategic outreach campaigns to build the buzz
• Provide a positive experience to candidates throughout the entire search process
• Serve as a supporting member of the recruiting portion of the Talent Team by managing various projects related to the core functions of the team and supporting other team members in their efforts
• Contribute to the strengthening of the team's systems, tools, and processes and take on more responsibility over time
• Be flexible: this position may include working in the Cambridge or Boston locations or both
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy and supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company
• Great benefits for full-time employees (more detail below)
• Regular massages, access to a nursing room, secure bicycle parking, a game room, a gym, and shower rooms with towels
• At least three to five years of professional experience in recruiting, including in the coordination and support of search processes
• Excellent written communication, strong interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, and extremely organized
• A Bachelor's degree
• A natural interest for helping/supporting others
• Creative and a lover of life!
Starting compensation is $49,891 per year plus 100% of the cost of a premium healthcare and dental package and full payment of expenses covered by your deductible, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401k matching after the first year of employment (must be 21+) and three weeks of vacation plus holidays from the start (more with seniority). Annual reviews with raises significantly above the national average every year for those on track with strong performance.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Please apply here with a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format: