compensation: $14 per hour employment type: full-time internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are:
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to empower individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive in their living, social and work communities. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
Provide direct care to all program participants while focusing on health and safety, daily living skills, and community participation with individual choice and human rights. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, and other support staff to transform their lives.
Why choose the Price Center? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide on-site job coaching to adults with developmental disabilities.
• Provide off-site job coaching for individuals working in group employment.
• Adhere to all treatment plans for the individuals, maintain records, write progress notes and complete annual assessments.
• Case management responsibilities: maintain records and progress notes, advocacy, and maintaining contact with family, residences, businesses and appropriate agencies.
• Teach, train and act as a role model for individuals in the program.
- 1 to 2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record and a willingness to use personal vehicle during the course of employment.
- Position is 40 hours per week.
Our comprehensive and generous benefit package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (no deductible, employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
Please send a cover letter & resume or fax to 617-244-0069.
vocational, job coach, day time, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, case worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy, employment specialist, community resource specialist, training, transition, transitional
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers