JF&CS is seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate individual to work with adults with developmental disabilities and mental health needs in a community residential setting. The ideal candidate will partner with participants to set goals and develop strategies to meet those goals. Program Coordinators plan and facilitate weekend and other recreational activities, ensuring that participants maximize their community involvement. The Program Coordinator is an integral part of the residential team, with the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of the people we serve.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or High School Diploma or Equivalency with at least one year working with people with disabilities, preferably in a residential setting.
• Must have a valid driver's license
• CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to pass within the first 30 days of employment)
• MAP certification (or the ability to pass within the first 6 months of employment)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• May include lifting and supporting up to 50 lbs
• May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel
• May be required to lift participants in and out of wheelchairs, beds, bathtubs, and vehicles.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
Jewish Family & Children's Service cares for individuals and families by providing exceptional human service and health care programs, guided by Jewish traditions of social responsibility, compassion, and respect for all members of the community.
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
keywords: education, SPED, special education, learning disabilities, LD, ED, BD, entry level, special needs, moderate, severe, behavior, ABA, behavioral, specialist, supervisor, advocate, paraprofessional, teaching, teacher assistant, aid, aide, metro west, Boston, student, employment, summer job, MAP Certified, educator, educate, social work, psychology, sociology, BSW, MSW, graduate, therapist, therapy, training, assist, practicum, DMH, DMR., mental health, family, families, human service, nonprofit, non-profit, private, non profit, not for profit, counselor, counseling, residential, milieu, mileu, group, supervisory, program manager, medical, disorder, delay, MR, mental retardation, Personal Care, ADLs, activities of daily living, ISPs, individualized support plans, treatment plans, treatment, group living, supportive living, community living, independent living, support services, case management, dual diagnoses, recreational, recreation, LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, MSW, MA, MS, direct service professional, counselor, residential counselor, social worker, habilitation specialist, direct care counselor, human services, social services, social work, direct care, sociology, psychology, philosophy, peace studies, urban affairs, health sciences, health services, liberal arts, developmental disabilities, mental health, behavioral health, autism, behavioral, developmental, disability, metal illness, therapy Social Worker, masters level clinician, Brighton, Newton, Westin, Waltham, Allston, Cambridge, Lincoln, Belmont, Lexington, Watertown
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers