favorite this postNurse Manager (LPN/RN) (Newton, MA)hide this posting
compensation: Dependent on education and experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Who We Are
The Price Center, founded in 1977, is a non-profit human service organization in Newton Highlands. We are a values based and team focused organization offering residential services, employment supports and day habilitation programs. Our mission is to support and enhance the lives of individuals by encouraging personal growth and active participation in the community, and respecting individual preferences and diversity. For more information on The Price Center, please go to our website at: http://www.thepricecenter.org
Provide medical coordination and oversight of nursing team in a medical residence for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and complex health needs. Duties include providing nursing care, administering medication under the proper medication guidelines, and assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify health related needs, monitor medical status and work with staff, physicians and allied health professionals to formulate, coordinate and implement medical treatment plans for all individuals served.
2. Administer medications and treatments as prescribed, ensuring adherence to funder regulations, CARF, and DPH regulations.
3. Plan and monitor meals, ensuring nutritional standards are followed, and meal preparation and feeding protocols are followed.
4. Provide direct care and support to individuals served as needed, including ADL care, transportation, and facilitating community outings.
5. Ensure medications, medical and safety supplies are available as needed.
6. Coordinate hospital admissions and discharges using a collaborative approach.
7. Provide physical support, assistance with lifting and transferring individuals served who have physical challenges as needed.
8. Meet with the Program Manager and Director of Residential Services on a weekly basis to discuss program operations and individuals served.
9. Provide direct supervision and training to all nurses within the program.
10. Provide 24 hour on-call to ensure nursing coverage, provide medical support, and access to resources.
11. Maintain medication books, house log books, etc. to ensure program compliance with all regulations.
12. Complete written reports, assessments, etc. as required in a clear, concise and professional manner.
• Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Massachusetts
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Knowledge of theories, methods, procedures and practices of nursing care including but not limited to G-tube/J-tube care, medication administration through G-tubes, ability to perform intermittent catheterizations, infection control and protocols and procedures.
• Two years' experience working with individuals with disabilities strongly preferred
• Ability to lift and support body weight of any program individual with assistance of another employee.
• Possession of a valid Driver's license, a good driving record and a willingness to use personal or agency vehicle in the course of employment.
• BLS CPR Certification
• Computer proficiency, including ability to record and enter data into an electronic database
• Effective critical thinking and communication skills
- Full-Time, 40 hours per week.
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive health insurance (no deductible, employer pays 85% of premium)
- Dental insurance
- Employer paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- 403(b) matching retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and tuition remission programs
- Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time Benefits
- 12 paid holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
Please email resume and cover letter or fax to (617) 244-0069.
Keywords:RN, LPN, Day Habilitation, residential, behavioral health, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, care worker, care giver, social services, counseling, social work, DSP, DDS, Direct Care, psychology, mental health, disability, rehabilitative, human services, nonprofit, autism, advocacy.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers